• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Kitchen Sink Or Mechanism? Need help picking a bookbag

Bhill

Oakley Beginner
Hello guys. Need some advise. Maybe a few of you have these backpacks.

I travel (fly) for work A lot. I need to carry 2 laptops and have the bag fit under the seat. I currently us a Swiss army bag and it works just fine. Storage and organizing is great. Its getting old and beat up.

I need a new backpack!

I have narrowed it down to the kitchen sink and the mechanism packs.

Can these bags:
-carry 2 laptops
-fit under seats on plane.

Which bag do you think would be better?

^ He's right, the Kitchen Sink has a lot of room. The only thing I wish they would of done made the straps larger/thicker. I don't know about under a seat on a plane but it fits fine in the over head, even in the small planes, even when I have it packed pretty full. It'll fit like a dozen laptops! Haha!

Haha ok. Thanks for the replies.

Only problem I see is if I want to get something out of the bag when it is under the seat. Doesn't the kitchen sink have a big flap on it?

Yeah, there is the flap that's held down by the two metal hooks. You undo those, flip it up and then unzip it. Not gonna lie, it's kind of pain in the ass if you need to get stuff in and out all the time. I wore mine down in the city with my son and was constantly getting stuff in and out and it was just tedious. But once in a while, it's not a big deal.

In the forums, it seems like more people have the kitchen sink bags. Guess they are everyone's favorite.

I surfed a little here, not to many chimed in on the mech pack.

You have swayed me toward the kitchen sink. Really wish I could have both bags in front of me.

Thanks again for the input. It really helps.

I have a mechanism and i use it exclusively for travel now. Huge benefit is that it has the drawstring top on it and the flap on top folds pretty flat, So it makes it pretty easy to get stuff out when it is under the seat in front of you.The compartments are not too bad, Some of the small ones are good for headphones and chargers and such. But over all it is a great bag i love mine.I also have both of the briefcase style bags from dexter. I love those too but i like the backpack more. But i do like the area to hold glasses in the sink.

I have both but if you need to put 2 computers in it the Sink is the way to go.

Both are great back packs.

The KS will fit under the seat in the plane. It is tight but will fit in the larger ones. Small planes no way.

Both packs are east to get into.

Good luck.

Latest Posts

Back