• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Backpack repair

hlet

Oakley Enthusiast
Greetings all! I'm reaching out to the Oakley community today with a question, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
I recently bought a fossil grey kitchen sink backpack second hand. It's missing one of the 3 metal loops attached to the back. I'm hoping to find a place that can re-install the missing loop. I spent a couple hours on the phone yesterday with various departments at Oakley (Canada and USA) to no avail. I wrote a couple emails to the warranty/repair departments hoping they could get me in touch with the right folks but no reply yet. Can anyone recommend a reputable place that might be able to rivet a new loop on for me?? Thanks for your time.

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

This might sound strange but maybe try a cobbler... I've had some luck with one being able to repair various pieces of bike/camp gear

Willing to bet just about any western/leather seamstress could do it. I don't remember what the inside looks like on that part of my backpack unfortunately.

I'm surprised it came off, mine has made it around the world with me 6 times now, and has had a tough life. Still looks great!

Cool, thanks guys for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have the loop and can't get one from Oakley. I'm not sure how it would have ripped off either, I bought the pack this way. I think I'm gonna just get a patch sewed on over the holes

IMG_2714.JPG

Looks good with the patch and it will always be different as in "yours"

I see these bags and my main thought it, I could use one of those hooks -.- lol

That's a good idea, I think you'd have to cut or remove the inside liner to move it over though

Last edited:
Back