• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Backstories Behind The Pairs

That's my take though I'm not sure where the gift shop was over a decade ago when they were bought. The label seems to add some credence:
1941-1405001625-5b3736e49ae1227fb3ca8f39e440a365.jpg
To dumb things down in creating part numbers that we use in our business I like for us to use the first characters of a manufacturer's name and the last 5 of the UPC. It tells anyone who looks at the item # where to start looking whether it be for where the item is located or where to look for information about the item. If we just used the last 5 of the UPC we could have duplicates.
They seem to have done something similar, item # OAK137, a unique upc for scanning and assigned Oakley a unique mfg #. As a fan of both brands what do you think? Do you have anything from their gift shop?

I notice the label also has a separate "manufacturer's number" which matches the Oakley SKU for the x-metal/BI Ducati. So I agree, having separate and different item # and MFG # would indicate this is from a reseller.

The suit sounds cool, pic?

The suit sounds cool, pic?

No close up pics. other pic is with Elena our guide at the factory.

ducelena.jpg
ducsuit1.jpg

Very nice!
My 900RR might as well be, I couldn't tell you the last time I rode 2 up.
Your 999 is dead sexy.

Back