• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad CL Deal-I just don't understand people sometimes......

Coolluke

Oakley Beginner
Not sure how many of you have tried to get a craigslist seller to mail some Oakleys to you.....but I tried it a few days ago and was left annoyed. I guy about 75 miles from me had a mint pair of a Oakley hatchets with box, bag and case for $40. I politley emailed him and and asked him if I paypaled him and paid for shipping could he mail them to me?

He texted me back and said he would ship them to my door for $50-to which I replied-YES. So after several more text messages and exchanging of info - shipping address, where to send the paypal invoice, etc-I get another text message saying that now I'm in a bidding war with 2 other people but now I'm in the lead :blink:

At this point I'm ready to go outside to raise the red flag up the flag pole. I resisted the urge to tell him what I really think and simply tell him-sorry $50 is the best I can do.

30 minutes go by -after which he finally says "lets do it" I wait a while longer and finally get the paypal invoice: it says $55 :blink: .....sigh......so I text him again and ask him "what happened to $50 to my door?"

after a few more exchanges he agrees to change it back to $50 - and I send payment and he agrees to ship it out on Monday by priority mail (he said he was quoted $5.35). I email him at 5pm to ask if he mailed it and if he has the DC number-"I'll have it within the hour".

So after all this back and forth - I'm waiting around on Tuesday for my new Hatchets to arrive when I decide to check my email for the tracking # - instead I find a refund for my $50 and a note saying the shipping was $6 instead of $5.35 - so I refunded your money :sad: :blink: :big_boss: I wish there was a smiley icon wearing rubber boots and standing in BS. Obviously he got a better offer. Anybody else deal with people like this on CL?

I've had the equivalent happen with eBay...where someone says they have xyz piece and its a great price then there's all this back and forth. What posses me off is these messages where its yeah let's make a deal but no Paypal info and you ask for it and they leave you hanging because someone else gave them a better price. Just tell me you got a better offer...heck, courtesy or hey, give me a chance to beat the offer real or not...if its a piece I want and I can afford it, ill buy it

All the time I had a deal with a guy the other day on a pair of Romeo 1 and then he got a better offer??? But people can be D!cks I say o well onto the next one!

Not sure how many of you have tried to get a craigslist seller to mail some Oakleys to you.....but I tried it a few days ago and was left annoyed. I guy about 75 miles from me had a mint pair of a Oakley hatchets with box, bag and case for $40. I politley emailed him and and asked him if I paypaled him and paid for shipping could he mail them to me?

He texted me back and said he would ship them to my door for $50-to which I replied-YES. So after several more text messages and exchanging of info - shipping address, where to send the paypal invoice, etc-I get another text message saying that now I'm in a bidding war with 2 other people but now I'm in the lead :blink:

At this point I'm ready to go outside to raise the red flag up the flag pole. I resisted the urge to tell him what I really think and simply tell him-sorry $50 is the best I can do.

30 minutes go by -after which he finally says "lets do it" I wait a while longer and finally get the paypal invoice: it says $55 :blink: .....sigh......so I text him again and ask him "what happened to $50 to my door?"

after a few more exchanges he agrees to change it back to $50 - and I send payment and he agrees to ship it out on Monday by priority mail (he said he was quoted $5.35). I email him at 5pm to ask if he mailed it and if he has the DC number-"I'll have it within the hour".

So after all this back and forth - I'm waiting around on Tuesday for my new Hatchets to arrive when I decide to check my email for the tracking # - instead I find a refund for my $50 and a note saying the shipping was $6 instead of $5.35 - so I refunded your money :sad: :blink: :big_boss: I wish there was a smiley icon wearing rubber boots and standing in BS. Obviously he got a better offer. Anybody else deal with people like this on CL?

The guy in Baton Rouge!!!! I had the SAME THING! He turned it into an auction. Said he was going to Germany and couldn't wait. I offered $55 shipped and he took $60....I lost interest when he backed out on my offer. We made a deal at $40 and then he changed the story.

I was wondering about that...I saw better pics on the net and NEVER saw Copper as an actual color....I kinda like the Brown but would rather have Carbon or Pewter.....but for $40 with all packaging that would've been a great score! The Copper was just from his listing.....

Well as someone who uses Gumtree (which is similar to CL) to sell my Frogskins, I have to say some buyers can be just as frustrating, it's tit for tat.

I had a guy contacting me about some Frogksins I was selling and he asked if I still had the receipt to prove they were bought from a dealer and were genuine. I didn't have the receipt but I pointed him to my feedback on eBay which has over 500 transactions, 100% positive feedback, and feedback from buyers of all my Oakleys showing they are genuine. He says that'll do and then wants to negotiate on price. I point out they're already cheaper than what I was asking on eBay so the price is fixed. Again he says OK but wants me to drop them off at his work. No, I'm not a courier, he's miles away anyway, he can come to me or if he pays via PayPal for the extra postage and PayPal fees I'll ship them to him.

About an hour later he then says what if I can drop them off at his home, which is even further away, so again I say no, pick them up from me, or I'll happily post them to him. He then sends an email to say that he's no longer sure if he wants them anymore, he may get them shipped from the US so he can have a receipt to prove they are genuine, and he'll think about it and get back to me. I felt like he was insinuating I was a cheat and really wanted to reply quite simply and say "You can **** off mate" but that really doesn't achieve anything.

As a seller, I can say it's quite often that people will **** me around and haggle on price or in some way try and barter a deal as if they are doing me a favour. You don't go in to a grocery store and start bartering on the cost of the vegetables, you pay the price that is set so why think you can **** about just because it's an individual and not a company? Swings and round abouts man, awful sellers and awful buyers, just be straight and honest.

Thats the same guy!

The guy in Baton Rouge!!!! I had the SAME THING! He turned it into an auction. Said he was going to Germany and couldn't wait. I offered $55 shipped and he took $60....I lost interest when he backed out on my offer. We made a deal at $40 and then he changed the story.

Sorry I was the guy he was talking about being in a bidding war with...we need to have a "DIBBS" section here to avoid that.

Back