• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad Ebay Experiences

Whaaaa. So he ends all of his auctions at once? I was bidding on the Montefrio's and the Troy Lee's and they just went bye bye. I was watching 8 of his other things too and they all went bye bye :(.

I dont know about all, but Ive also been frustrated with him!!!

This is a little off topic, but a user named zondiggity88 keeps putting his artist series/limited edition sunnies up for bidding for 7 days. When there's One (1) day left, he just cancels every single freaking auction. He's done this twice now, and it's pissing me off...I wanted those Troy Lee Gascans :(

I contacted him as he has couple of pairs I'd like to own so asked if we could do a deal if I could get 5 pairs. He then made me a ridiculously high offer which I declined. I tried to bid on his items instead but he blocked me. None of his auctions for the pairs I wanted went anywhere near his offer, to me and then I see he ended them all early, only to re-list them a few days later and then again end early.

It's his business and he can do what he wants, but I know I won't bother with him again.

I contacted him as he has couple of pairs I'd like to own so asked if we could do a deal if I could get 5 pairs. He then made me a ridiculously high offer which I declined. I tried to bid on his items instead but he blocked me. None of his auctions for the pairs I wanted went anywhere near his offer, to me and then I see he ended them all early, only to re-list them a few days later and then again end early.

It's his business and he can do what he wants, but I know I won't bother with him again.

Sounds similar to my experience, I msgd him to find out how much he want for the mambo's and he said $600, and that ended my interest very fast!!!

I don't blame some sellers for refusing to ship International. I know you don't want to hear it but there's so many bad buyers out there (US included) that will try to scam you. In some cases International really makes pursuing the scammer SO much more difficult. Also for me, (I offer International ship) it is a lot more time consuming to ship something International. While I can ship domestic via automated post in about 2 minutes it takes 10-15 to wait in line at the Post office and often I find out my "estimate" is wrong.

I don't blame some sellers for refusing to ship International. I know you don't want to hear it but there's so many bad buyers out there (US included) that will try to scam you. In some cases International really makes pursuing the scammer SO much more difficult. Also for me, (I offer International ship) it is a lot more time consuming to ship something International. While I can ship domestic via automated post in about 2 minutes it takes 10-15 to wait in line at the Post office and often I find out my "estimate" is wrong.

Looking at the USPS website can't you get your quote even for international, pay for it, and print the label? They even have a cheaper price if you pay online, they realize how much time you spend doing this and tying up the agent so they make it cheaper to do it online.

jfiori, I don't have a scale which makes it hard to weigh my packages. Also the quoted online price CAN differ from what you pay at the window (yes they have online discount of a few dollars); you have to be 110% careful you have the right customs form and packaging as well -- something the window tellers can help you with but online system cannot.

I also suspect. You cannot just slap the forms on the box and drop it off; you still need to have it approved and stamped at the window -- so you're stuck waiting in line regardless.

Also, I am not against shipping Int'l I merely stated I understand how much of a PITA it is despite my many years of online buying/selling.

I sell on Ebay - Generally I don't ship anything out of the US that I can't afford to lose. Usually $100 or less I am ok with. I just sold a pair or Jordan Mars for $480-I specified US only. The reason-1. I get too many flakey buyers who bid then never pay.
2. They wanted it shipped by first class international and then harrass me as 3 weeks go by without it arriving-There is no tracking
The same thing goes for Priority mail. If you pay for expensive , trackable shipping-then I'll make an exception

jfiori, I don't have a scale which makes it hard to weigh my packages. Also the quoted online price CAN differ from what you pay at the window (yes they have online discount of a few dollars); you have to be 110% careful you have the right customs form and packaging as well -- something the window tellers can help you with but online system cannot.

I also suspect. You cannot just slap the forms on the box and drop it off; you still need to have it approved and stamped at the window -- so you're stuck waiting in line regardless.

Also, I am not against shipping Int'l I merely stated I understand how much of a PITA it is despite my many years of online buying/selling.

Never thought about the scale, I see your point on that one. I'm not trying to be a **** and say you should all ship to Canada, I'm just trying to gain an understanding of why sellers don't want to ship to Canada. It seems most of the problems stem from the shipping cost that some buyers don't want to pay and I don't expect the seller to shoulder the cost of shipping. It has given me a new perspective when somebody is asking for $35 to ship something small but costly.

Back