• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad to Put Glasses/Sunglasses on top of your head?

It WAS made by skaters for skaters. But skaters dress like homeless people, in case you hadnt noticed.
They seem to come out when the sun sets. They are vampires. They do look like punks.
The Latch should have come in only polished black, no lenses, with a laptop, starbucks giftcard, craft beer, a v-neck shirt and roll-your-own cigarettes.
Maybe instead of DIY cigarettes, they can get some vape instead?

Last edited:
When I bought my Oakley glasses, the sales person told me that I should not put the glasses on top of my head because the chemicals from the shampoo, gel, and wax that we put in our hair could potentially damage the lenses. Is this true? I put all my glasses(non Oakley ones) on top of my head without any damage to the lenses and this is the first time that I was prohibited from doing so.

OP, one of my favorite features of Oakleys is the ability to stick them on my noggin and not have to worry about losing them. I hate those pesky neck leashes. I spend a lot of time around sea water and harsh UV and although the nosebombs and earsox will get gummy after a few years- its not rocket science to replace them. You will prolly sit on and bust or drop your shades before the lenses are affected by shampoo or gels IMHO

And this is why I wear a cap..btw I've never had a pair stretch or break from wearing them in said manner...btw the oils from your body is horrible on lenses:eek:

I wear them on my head when I walk into stores...

I clean my lenses about 3 or 4 times a day...

My lenses are fine...

I clean my lenses several times a day as well. I can't stand smudges, grease, sweat dust or whatever on my sunglasses. It amazes me how a lot of folks wear sunglasses that look like an entire kindergarten class passed them around after an ice cream party!

I clean my lenses several times a day as well. I can't stand smudges, grease, sweat dust or whatever on my sunglasses. It amazes me how a lot of folks wear sunglasses that look like an entire kindergarten class passed them around after an ice cream party!
I got 6 microfiber cloths at my computer desk

I got 4 microfiber cloths on the kitchen table

I got 2 microfiber cloths in my car

I got 3 microfiber cloths at work

In the morning after I park my car in the parking garage, I get outta my car and walk to the office with my glasses on my head...

When I get to my desk, I take my glasses off, clean them and put them on the one-tier stand by my monitor...

When I leave, I put my glasses on my head, walk to my car in the parking garage, get in my car, pull a cloth, clean them and then wear them as I drive home...

Back