• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad to Put Glasses/Sunglasses on top of your head?

I got 6 microfiber cloths at my computer desk

I got 4 microfiber cloths on the kitchen table

I got 2 microfiber cloths in my car

I got 3 microfiber cloths at work

In the morning after I park my car in the parking garage, I get outta my car and walk to the office with my glasses on my head...

When I get to my desk, I take my glasses off, clean them and put them on the one-tier stand by my monitor...

When I leave, I put my glasses on my head, walk to my car in the parking garage, get in my car, pull a cloth, clean them and then wear them as I drive home...

Love the display tier at the desk. That's awesome!

@Litos, we all know you religiously get your Sunday haircut, with that discipline, it is not surprising that you are a neat and tidy person... so I guess the effect is at the utmost minimal to you.

On topic, I simply love my Oakley's and I'm careful with them, so it stays at my face, case, or securely at my fingers at worst.
But it will not be put on top of my head.

Last edited:
When I bought my Oakley glasses, the sales person told me that I should not put the glasses on top of my head because the chemicals from the shampoo, gel, and wax that we put in our hair could potentially damage the lenses. Is this true? I put all my glasses(non Oakley ones) on top of my head without any damage to the lenses and this is the first time that I was prohibited from doing so.
Just wash with warm water and liquid soap gently from time to time.You can wear on top of your head. no problem regarding oils and damage.

I don't wear every style I own on my head , because its not so tight and secure . And im afraid to loose them. example Holbrook
But others like Gascan, Fuel cell, Batwolf etc. I do

Last edited:
@Litos, we all know you religiously get your Sunday haircut, with that discipline, it is not surprising that you are a neat and tidy person... so I guess the effect is at the utmost minimal to you.

On topic, I simply love my Oakley's and I'm careful with them, so it stays at my face, case, or securely at my fingers at worst.
But it will not be put in my head.
If you can manage to get them IN your head please make sure to take video to show us all how you've done it.

Back