• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman Hinge Problems

Have you had hinge problems with Badman?

• Total voters
a lot of those hinges break simply because of wear and tear. If it's a brand new pair siting on the shelf, you won't have issues. Unless you have a bad habit of twirling your frame on one arm, that'd snap them within seconds

a lot of those hinges break simply because of wear and tear. If it's a brand new pair siting on the shelf, you won't have issues. Unless you have a bad habit of twirling your frame on one arm, that'd snap them within seconds

I'm just not a "set-them-on-the-shelf" kind of guy... I think I've read enough. Probably look for some X-Squared or Juliets.

Last edited:
If you're looking to complete the collection, get it. If you just want a cool pair of glasses, throw another C note at it and you'll get a fine Juliet. You won't be wonder if/when that will break.

Which will promptly loosen to the point they swing free because the gaskets wear down requiring service- that occurrence is what started me never folding earstems. See that's the thing with Metals- yes they are durable and yes they are serviceable....but they almost require service with even high rotation normal wear. The nosebridge, the earsock design, the hinge gasket etc etc.- after awhile I started looking at my Metals cabinet like it was my last girlfriend- sure, she's hot, snaps necks and makes me look good...but my god the degree of maintenance needed is just ridiculous.

Which will promptly loosen to the point they swing free because the gaskets wear down requiring service- that occurrence is what started me never folding earstems. See that's the thing with Metals- yes they are durable and yes they are serviceable....but they almost require service with even high rotation normal wear. The nosebridge, the earsock design, the hinge gasket etc etc.- after awhile I started looking at my Metals cabinet like it was my last girlfriend- sure, she's hot, snaps necks and makes me look good...but my god the degree of maintenance needed is just ridiculous.

Good points! Plenty of Low-Maintenance Oak's out there! ;)

I disagree. With the proper flex couplers installed, you really only need it tuned once. As for the ear stems getting loose, a T6 is all you need, maybe some washers if they're mashed up but that's easy to do. The rubbers on any pair are going to eventually need replacing so that's moot. Luckily the Juliet still has ear socks available on Oakley's website so hoard up now! I have!

I wear a Metals almost every day not only because they're bad ass, but because they're the most likely to last the rest of my life.

I love my IH Split Jacket but have you tried getting replacement parts for one? I have. Found one set that didn't require a kidney. It was easier to buy a backup pair. I pass over O Matter for X Metal daily because of the relatively low maintenance needed.

Back