• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman Hinge Problems

Have you had hinge problems with Badman?

• Total voters
The hinges are worse on these than the half-x ever were. Complete crap. They may be a lt cheaper than msrp, but its still $125 for glasses that WILL break with regular use.

Which will promptly loosen to the point they swing free because the gaskets wear down requiring service- that occurrence is what started me never folding earstems. See that's the thing with Metals- yes they are durable and yes they are serviceable....but they almost require service with even high rotation normal wear. The nosebridge, the earsock design, the hinge gasket etc etc.- after awhile I started looking at my Metals cabinet like it was my last girlfriend- sure, she's hot, snaps necks and makes me look good...but my god the degree of maintenance needed is just ridiculous.

Are you saying o matter and wire frames require less maintenance?

Hi, I got them a month ago and wear the Badmans everyday....I must say i am extremely carefull and try to not fold them ....but as fat I really like the design and unlike the Madman,tese fit is more tight on my face and generally i was surprised that i really like them....
just worried if once some mistake happen and they got broken....as everyone said in here the hinges seem quite fragile ...

I had a pair of Flak Jackets for 3 years or so. went to the Vault store in North Georgia and snagged a pair of Carbon/Ruby. The Flaks i throw around regularly. The Badman i baby. Word to the wise if you are looking at buying a set of Badman, Carbon scratches just looking at them. As you are now, i saw the price of Ferrari version at $150 from World Of Optics and snagged a pair of those too. Both Carbon frames, with super careful wear have knicked and scratched. So ultimately, if a scratch is gonna bug you, you may want to grab a plasma framed model.

The hinges on the Ferrari ones were slightly misaligned, and i carefully, meticilously fixed them today. 1 month in, the Ruby/Carbon hinges have paint wear where they fold, but it appears they will be fine if they are treated like they are delicate.

Mind you, all users i have seen report them breaking have said they were easy on them, so its anyone's guess.

Today, I made the ultimate version for myself....or my taste. Ultimately, totally worth $250. (if i werent going to do anything with the BIP etched lenses (which i have no plans to wear, ever) or the other frame, it would be worth it.

IMG_20170328_165220428.jpg

Just saw this thread. I bought a pair of badmans and wore them every day for almost 2 years to the day. Picked them up one day opened the arms and it popped off in my hand! Luckily tne O vault replaced and I'm happy again. I now have 4 badman and 2 madmans. So in rotation they should last a long time hopefully!

Just saw this thread. I bought a pair of badmans and wore them every day for almost 2 years to the day. Picked them up one day opened the arms and it popped off in my hand! Luckily tne O vault replaced and I'm happy again. I now have 4 badman and 2 madmans. So in rotation they should last a long time hopefully!
It's a good thing I don't wear mine much.

Oakley replaced mine when one of the spring hinges got "stiff" and failed to properly extend beyond the normal opening point. You don't have to wait for them to break... in fact I would recommend you don't!

Which will promptly loosen to the point they swing free because the gaskets wear down requiring service- that occurrence is what started me never folding earstems. See that's the thing with Metals- yes they are durable and yes they are serviceable....but they almost require service with even high rotation normal wear. The nosebridge, the earsock design, the hinge gasket etc etc.- after awhile I started looking at my Metals cabinet like it was my last girlfriend- sure, she's hot, snaps necks and makes me look good...but my god the degree of maintenance needed is just ridiculous.

What kind of metals are you using man??
I'd be concerned of metal would have to be serviced "frequently"
Never really had any issues with the XS
Nor my first Romeo had any issues.
Must be all these metals with riveted noseridge. I've never had any of this for any duration to have an opinion but yeah I don't reckognize the issues you refer to above.

And I just have to add; the level of commitment.... Never closing the arms of shades. That's a first.

On a different note @SiRacer420 I don't get this obsession with boiling the unobtanium man. I mean even increasing the shower frequency up to once pr week would ensure you avoided getting so much gunk on the rubbers that you need to boil them.

Que: aggression level increase
Que: Pitboss getting slammed for the above well-meaning statements uttered with a hint of humor and sarcasm
Que: apologies and explanation to two renowned members on here for being abrasive
Que: de-escalation of thread
Que: Back on Topic emoji posted by The Enforcer

What kind of metals are you using man??
I'd be concerned of metal would have to be serviced "frequently"
Never really had any issues with the XS
Nor my first Romeo had any issues.
Must be all these metals with riveted noseridge. I've never had any of this for any duration to have an opinion but yeah I don't reckognize the issues you refer to above.

And I just have to add; the level of commitment.... Never closing the arms of shades. That's a first.

On a different note @SiRacer420 I don't get this obsession with boiling the unobtanium man. I mean even increasing the shower frequency up to once pr week would ensure you avoided getting so much gunk on the rubbers that you need to boil them.

Que: aggression level increase
Que: Pitboss getting slammed for the above well-meaning statements uttered with a hint of humor and sarcasm
Que: apologies and explanation to two renowned members on here for being abrasive
Que: de-escalation of thread
Que: Back on Topic emoji posted by The Enforcer
I don't see any obsession but boiling them is good for getting rid of funk on used pairs. Just do it outside so you don't get a third party's DNA in your kitchen.

You did spell queue wrong though. What you have there is Spanish for "what".

Latest Posts

Back