• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman lenses

hollywood79

Oakley Beginner
I bought a bunch of fuse replacement lenses for my badman, does anyone know of other companies that make lenses for them yet?

Didn't know anybody made them at all. Have never tried Fuse lenses. Have been on the lookout for Oakley to release these replacement lenses as I have a Julie that needs some custom cut sapphire polars, lol.

Did you get the Fuse lenses yet? Thoughts?

I've been thinking of ordering a set of lenses from them from my gen 1 e-wires (had them since new, its time for them to be replaced..).

I got some Ikon lenses for my wife's Badman. They are really good quality and, look great. Not too expensive either.
2015-09-08 13.43.27.jpg
:assassin:

Ninja those do look great, yeah I bought every color they had, some how I ended up with duplicates of the blue polarized orange polar and chrome I believe, the quality was actually pretty impressive

Yeah, exactly - the problem is you can't properly evaluate the quality of lenses just by trying them on. You can try on $5 gas station sunglasses and the lenses will seem fine. But that doesn't mean the optics are good.

Here's an interesting thread worth reading through - a member was reselling aftermarket lenses from an acquaintance, who claimed they were top quality. Read the reviews from members who bought them, how much they liked them. Then when you get to page 4 you'll find an optics test on them, then read how the opinions change...

Custom Lens Review Thread | Oakley Forum

I'm not saying Fuse are crap. I'm just saying there's been no objective tests proving their quality. And, as taught by the thread above, subjective opinions don't mean ****.

IMO, Oakley optics are the better of them but, when it comes to saving a buck, for that custom look, we all have to do what we have to do. Besides, not all of us are lucky to have the nicest things, just happy to have what we can work with. :assassin:

Back