• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Badman & Oakley Madman - Review and First Impressions

and also head size varies?
You would have to have some freakish cartoon head to not have this be an issue for you - no offense to anyone with a freakish cartoon head, but there are serious gaps in the usability portion - pun intended.

Don't you mean the standard black MF bag?
No, I mean/meant brown - black is the absence of color, these have 'some color' to them, same as almost every other generic OEM MF bag - so I call them brown, dark brown, subject to change upon consideration of lighting.

These are definitely more show than go and that's fine by me.
Hard to pay $400/tax, or even $300 with a decent discount for 'show' though... If I did not have a discount to apply I would not own one as its just pissing $ away.

Going to get my Madman tonight despite the reviews
In my review (singular ;)) - I never suggested anyone NOT get one - its your $, feel free to spend it how you like... go buy one, or three, or buy them all... or even better just take that stack of bills you're about to spend and put them directly in the shredder - that saves you some time, gas, and a trip to the O-store :rolleyes:

I'm kidding, of course - point is the same, to each their own - I'm just sharing my opinion after having spent what I feel to be sufficient time with these. I have yet to see a single review/response that describes these as 'good' or even usable sunglasses. If your experience is different please share that :)

Last edited:
But they sold OTT to the local market
OTT has MUCH better eye coverage than these. I am not surprised that a Country with actual standards would take issue with these... I was/am serious about the costume jewelry thing. It's one of the worst designs I've ever seen from Oakley, at least from a real-world use perspective.

Do we know if the big taco is a donor?!?
Oakley lists the Badman as an 8.75 base. I do not see a spec on the Madman, but I presume it would be the same. BT donors should work for us. There are also Prizm options to consider now in addition to just BT donors. I recommend folks start looking into, and through these, for their custom cuts.

I was told they dont cover enough of the eyes or face to meet national standards???? :0
But they sold OTT to the local market and im sure there are thounds of other crap brands that dont meet those standards being sold here???....
Honestly I'm shocked!!! don't we as paying customers have a right to make the choice??
Ive been savin my coin and waiting for these now this?????
#stillinshock#v#verydisapointed
Haha, WTF?

Back