• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman / Madman so far...

Monkey

Oakley Enthusiast
Earth
Hey everyone!
So I was wondering how these pairs have held up for you guys thus far?
Whether these frames fall under the "X-Metal" family, it has been known that there have been points of failure on the older models (flex couplers, rivets etc...). I was wondering if anyone else are starting to get "similiar" issues with these ones.
I've been reading / watching up on some reviews about the frames and how some say that the point of failure *may* start where the torque screws are...
Let's here how these frames are holding up for you guys!

The spring hinges have already had a couple of updates since the first samples of Madman and Badman were going around. I would be interested to know for any heavy users how they hold up after 12 months.....

I'm not trying to bash the build quality but am genuinely interested...

The spring hinges have already had a couple of updates since the first samples of Madman and Badman were going around. I would be interested to know for any heavy users how they hold up after 12 months.....

I'm not trying to bash the build quality but am genuinely interested...

what do you mean by the spring hinges going through couple updates? What changes were made to them?

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm planning to make a pair of Badmans into my everyday Rx pairs.

Bean, when Oakley makes a release, they can have revisions or updates to a product as needed...
The spring hinge on the sample madman/badman was failing on early samples and this carried over to the first release of the products to the public. I purchased one of the early units for a friend and it failed, so after speaking with Oakley Customer Care, they told me about the revisions which I confirmed with a couple of internal sources.

This is why I have a interest because I wanted to know how they are having long up for people that,actually wear them

Bean, when Oakley makes a release, they can have revisions or updates to a product as needed...
The spring hinge on the sample madman/badman was failing on early samples and this carried over to the first release of the products to the public. I purchased one of the early units for a friend and it failed, so after speaking with Oakley Customer Care, they told me about the revisions which I confirmed with a couple of internal sources.

This is why I have a interest because I wanted to know how they are having long up for people that,actually wear them

What happened when the spring hinge failed on early models? They would break/snap? Or the spring mechanism no longer works (no tension)?

Back