• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman or triggerman

Deckdude

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, i need some advice. I like the style of both of these designs. Im on the fence as to what pair to buy. I do plan on one of these being a daily wear. I know badman is metal and trigger is plastic. Trigger floats around $60-$100 while bad $200+. Does anyone have both and prefer to wear one over the other? I have heard of the badman hinges breaking, does triggerman also share the hinge problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Hey guys, i need some advice. I like the style of both of these designs. Im on the fence as to what pair to buy. I do plan on one of these being a daily wear. I know badman is metal and trigger is plastic. Trigger floats around $60-$100 while bad $200+. Does anyone have both and prefer to wear one over the other? I have heard of the badman hinges breaking, does triggerman also share the hinge problem? Any advice is appreciated.
I have both. The badman with sapphire polarized and the triggerman with dpp. The triggerman is my daily wear due to the lens, which I really like and the comfort level. I really like my badmans but they're more of an occasional use pair for me. They're flashy and I like that but they usually only get worn by me when that's the look I'm going for. And given the history apparently with the hinges, that isn't a bad thing. Personally if you plan on wearing them every day, I'd go with the triggermans. You can't go wrong with them imho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have both, like you love the design of both, unfortunately I wouldn't recommend either one. The Badman hinges make it not worth the risk IMO I didn't realize how bad the issue was before I bought. ( Found this place after purchase) The Triggerman I feel are of gas station quality, the first pair of Oakleys I was ever dissatisfied with as far as quality. They fit good and stuff but they don't have that Oakley feel to me. Just my opinion, there's plenty that love the both frames.

You're better off going with the Triggerman on this one.

TWSS.

Hey all, thanks for your input. I'm leaning towards triggerman. I'll still want to keep an eye out for a badman sapphire iridium.

I have both, like you love the design of both, unfortunately I wouldn't recommend either one. The Badman hinges make it not worth the risk IMO I didn't realize how bad the issue was before I bought. ( Found this place after purchase) The Triggerman I feel are of gas station quality, the first pair of Oakleys I was ever dissatisfied with as far as quality. They fit good and stuff but they don't have that Oakley feel to me. Just my opinion, there's plenty that love the both frames.
Yikes gas station quaiity sounds scary. I might go to sunglasses hut and try them on again to get another experience wearing them . Thanks

Ive had both. Badmans break!!!! Triggermans are much better!!! You Won't go wrong at all. There's 2 on the for sale thread right now at an awesome price!

Back