• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman problems

thanks for stating the obvious, none of you have badmans and you are all kinda wannabes. Im out.

First off, welcome to the forum. I have badmans, but haven't really worn them. They have sat there for the most part in my collection. As some have stated the spring hinges are probably your problem in this situation. Your XX's didn't have spring hinges, so it was never a problem. With the salt water the springs probably corroded. Have you attempted to take them apart to take a look inside? Not advised if you are planning on returning them, but if you did open them up, it might answer some of your questions. Hope this helps.

I have badman carbon irduim for about a month, wore then in the shallows of the ocean just like I did with my XX many many times. rinsed them upon returning, a couple of days later the hingers were tight but I got them to close and now they are super wide and something isnt right. I need a strap to hold them on. Has this happened to anyone else on this forum?

can you post a picture of the hinges?

Last edited:
Hahahahahaahaha u guys ganged up on him hahahahahahaha WANNABES at frank ****loads??? Pics or it did not happened :p especially wearinh them hahahahaahha

I have badman carbon irduim for about a month, wore then in the shallows of the ocean just like I did with my XX many many times. rinsed them upon returning, a couple of days later the hingers were tight but I got them to close and now they are super wide and something isnt right. I need a strap to hold them on. Has this happened to anyone else on this forum?
The hinges are garbage. I'd bet money you broke them. If you expose them AT ALL to liquid, moisture, excessive humidity, or any sort of cleaner, you are ASKING for serious trouble. I said it from the start, that hinge is the weak point in both styles. Same exact hinge in the Half X as well. Breath on them the wrong way and they break. Ask me how I know. The salt more than not corroded the spring guide and caused the spring to bind. You applied minor force, and it popped! They flat out suck. If at ANY time anyone has this issue, do NOT at any cost force the hinge. Rinse with warm water and lube the crappy hinge. Trust me, you can't take this lightly at all. A drop of gun oil, r/c needle oilers work well (the ones for motor bearings and such), or even Iwata Spray Gun lube. Something thin and light that won't cause dust to stick and bind it up again. Once the hinge goes, there's no coming back, it's toast. Sad but true...

Back