• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bank account shrinking!!

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hi!

Well, I came here a few weeks ago to find some replacement lenses for my Square Wire 2.0s. After looking around I thought I would pick up a pair in silver as well....instead, I bought a pair in titanium costing a bit more. So I bought lenses, and titanium frames.

Than I said to myself, maybe I should go ahead and get some lenses for my X-Squared glasses....so I went ahead and did that as well. At the same time, I got a good offer for a brand new pair of SW 2.0s in black that I thought I should get just as a back up....bought those to.

So than, I saw a pic of the X-Squared Ducati glasses and really liked them. I started looking for a pair but realized I could get some rubber pieces and get a similar look. I know a lot of you guys buy glasses and never wear them...but I wear and use all of mine. I always like smaller frame glasses...so instead of getting another X-Squared, and after looking at some pictures (side by side), I said to myself I want to try a pair of Pennys. And than I have to put this new addiction of mine on hold....well, there are these RayBan looking Oakley glasses that look nice, I like the thin wire arms....so I have those waaaaay back in my mind.

Ordered a set of FUSE lenses....they sent me the wrong size so I have to return them. They wont respond to my email and am getting a bit pissed. So for now, I am focusing on getting a pair of Pennys. I like the X-Metal frames....if I can't find those, I might settle for the titanium ones. The silver are a bit to flashy for my liking I THINK....can't see them side to side, but saw someone at the store and they looked chrome to me.

So this habit is manifesting rather fast....I should have just stuck with my Square Wire 2.0s. But no, many years back a buddy of mine got a pair of X-Squared carbon black polorized glasses and let me have them NIB. A few years later, a saw the very same pair sell on eBay for almost $800 NIB. One thing for sure...ALL THE OAKLEYS I LIKE HAVE ALL READY BEEN MADE AND ARE NO LONGER BEING MADE! I really don't like ANY of the new ones. Maybe one of the carbon pairs, but that is it.

Give ya a few dollars for a penny? lol

Harry

Yup, x-squared a great frame, when shopping on eBay you can post what ever price you want, but it doesn't mean it will sell for that, lol say goodby to your wallet

I didn't pay for the X-Squared glasses...my bro got them as a gift, didn't like them, and regifted them to me. I was never able to find anything I liked more than my SW 2.0 glasses....but the Pennys look somewhat similar, I just can't for the life of me justify spending $1k for a pair that is NIB....especially when I have never tried them on or much less seen them in person. Putting a hold on my car, motorcycle, gun, watch, knife, and art collecting for a while. Never knew Oakley made watches till not too long ago....OMG, this company is going to make me take out a mortgage!!!

Yea, 1000 is crazy, penny's are nice and you can get them for allot cheaper ;)
I love their watches but they are discontinuing them too :mad: everything l like Oakley is also discontinued

I would love to know where I can get them a lot cheaper, Nortika!! They are stopping the watches also?? I am trying soooo hard not to look at them right now....at least until I get my Pennys!! I knew I'm not the only one that thinks everything good Oakley made/makes is no longer being made! lol ARGH!!! Well....maybe just one watch to compliment the glasses? hahaha

I like the X Squared....MUCH MUCH heavier than what I am used to though. I like the Square Wire 2.0 the best to honest. I ride a motorcycle a lot and they fit in my helmets perfectly....the X Squared does not. And I spend a lot of time outdoors so I wear my sunglasses all day....I hardly notice I am wearing my SW 2.0s. And now that I got the even lighter titanium frames...I can't wait for my lenses to arrive. The polished Pennys look to bling bling for me by looking at pictures...the titanium ones are nicer looking IMHO. But overall, I like the X-Metal frame color the best.

You can get them through members on here, the x-metal Ruby unfortunetly will never be cheap due to them being from the Xman movies :confused: but if you find an x-metal Penny you can get a pair of Rubys cut from a bigger lense from other glasses through some of the other members here.

Back