• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bargaining At Oakley Stores?

The last 2 times I went to the Vault I received a 10% discount due to them being the last pairs. The guy I bought from the first time said it is their store's policy to give a 10% discount if it is the last pair in the store but you have to ask for it. So I asked....and I received. The next time I went in....it was a different sales guy...I bought a pair, which was the last one, and asked for the discount and received it again.

Each store might be different.

Different product but applicable story:

My dad bought an Arai helmet from a motorcycle dealership and got it for about 40% off retail. The issue is that Arai is a premium brand (much like Oakley); the average Joe is not likely to cough up the dough for expensive shades when a cheaper pair will suffice.

That being said, you may be able to find some good glasses for good prices at random sellers like motorcycle dealerships.

Interesting differences in personal experience. It seems to have worked for some of you guys. I myself did get free bags in the past, but what I had in mind was more like a 10-15% off (after all, some online retailers of Oakleys do that with coupons). And yes, what I was offered in the local store (NOT a Vault, but a regular O Store) was related to custom glasses.

Being a regular customer and knowing the management staff, I typically get 10% off regular purchases and get micro bags tossed in with every purchase. I also get emails from them when they are having special events at the store or, if a new limited edition arrives that they think I might purchase. I've spent a fair amount of coin in their store and do not shop the other O stores in the area so, maybe that helps or its just my charming good looks?

I've gotten some pairs knocked down a little bit simply due to small imperfections from the Vault. This only happened twice though, and not on purpose either. I go there quite often, and I sometimes notice like..a nick or something on the side, and they bump it down by $10 or so.

As a sales associate for an O Store, NO, we do not throw out discounts. Oakley in general doesn't do eyewear sales, except for at vaults. If we are down to the last pair of a certain model and they've been on display and have some type of damage, we have the ability, assuming the SM approves, to throw a small discount. Past that, we do not bargain/negotiate/discount eyewear.

As a sales associate for an O Store, NO, we do not throw out discounts. Oakley in general doesn't do eyewear sales, except for at vaults. If we are down to the last pair of a certain model and they've been on display and have some type of damage, we have the ability, assuming the SM approves, to throw a small discount. Past that, we do not bargain/negotiate/discount eyewear.

Umm.... This thread is dead, about 3 years old!

The O store and Vault I visit frequently recognize me and I always get good deals from them. They will cut the price from time to time but also give/sell me parts that I don't think they are supposed to. For example, I got a Radarlock frame only for $40. Pretty sure thats not supposed to happen. When the rep gives me a deal, I try to circle the store a few times to make sure I don't need anything else, just to return the favor and up the sale for them.

In some regards its a bit embarrassing. The last rep recognized me as the double Pitboss guy from a few summers ago. Might make too many trips to the store, what do you think?

The thread is alive!!! LOL- I just realized I've owned 100's and 100's of Oakley's over the year and I've never bought a single one from an O-Store, Oakley.com, etc. Actually...aside from a set of lenses here or there...I don't think I've ever bought anything at an O-Store