• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Base curve: Turbine vs Split Shot. Need help

Zunderlips27

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I bought a Turbine and found that they weren´t too comfortable as they were sitting too close to my face. My eyebrows are stuck to the frame. Even blinking was uncomfortable.

Today, I have tried the Split Shot model. I felt it much more confortable and loose. I felt like my face could breathe.

The optometrist told me that the Turbine are probably more curved and wrapped around model than the Split Shot. I checked the Base Curve and its 6 for both models. Even its 6 for the Holbrook. So im so confused. I thought the base curve measures the curvature or how much the model wraps arounde the face..

Any help or explanation please? Thank you!

Hi! I bought a Turbine and found that they weren´t too comfortable as they were sitting too close to my face. My eyebrows are stuck to the frame. Even blinking was uncomfortable.

Today, I have tried the Split Shot model. I felt it much more confortable and loose. I felt like my face could breathe.

The optometrist told me that the Turbine are probably more curved and wrapped around model than the Split Shot. I checked the Base Curve and its 6 for both models. Even its 6 for the Holbrook. So im so confused. I thought the base curve measures the curvature or how much the model wraps arounde the face..

Any help or explanation please? Thank you!
Where did you get the BC for Turbine, Split Shot and Holbrook?
Lots of BC you can find here at OF and online is not accurate.
Turbine is a proven Donor for most X-Metal. I have a set Split Shot lenses i saved for the right X-Metal frame and they look curvier than 6.
Split Shot is a larger / taller lens and should give good cover.
The Split Shot frame sucks. Feels like a $2,- frame sold at a gas station.

Where did you get the BC for Turbine, Split Shot and Holbrook?
Lots of BC you can find here at OF and online is not accurate.
Turbine is a proven Donor for most X-Metal. I have a set Split Shot lenses i saved for the right X-Metal frame and they look curvier than 6.
Split Shot is a larger / taller lens and should give good cover.
The Split Shot frame sucks. Feels like a $2,- frame sold at a gas station.
Are the split shot lens correct BC?

Back