• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf Stems Becoming Loose

Happened when I bought my TF3 Gascan's from the O Store. I just went back and they replaced the arms for me. I don't know if there is a way to make more resistant.
Yeah my TF Gascans are loose at the hinges as well and I don't wear them nearly as much as my Fuel Cell, Oil Rig, Batwolf or Holbrook.

Good advice all around. If it's within your year of purchase, send them in and HQ will send you a new frame. I've never heard the modeling glue one, but it makes sense and sounds like it would do the job, if your out of warranty. Never buy the display, unless your really desperate. Depending on the model, they can be stretched out by a larger head. Make sure your custom frames are "new" too. If they are still in the plastic wrap, they are most likely new, depending on the model. Also let's not forget, the way you take your glasses off of your head is a factor too. Depending on if you take them off with both hands, one on each side, or if you grab one side and pull them off (trying to look all cool). The latter puts stress on one side causing it to become loose or bent. This is why it's sometimes one side and not the other. Good Luck with the Batwolf, Antix and Gascan!! I hope this helped.

Yeah I always make sure I take off and put on my frames with both hands. My wife doesn't with her reading glasses and they're warped on the right hinge as she always takes them off with her right hand only.

Back