• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf Vs. Oil Rig Which Do You Prefer?

MAGNUS

Oakley Enthusiast
The Batwolf and Oil Rig have simular sheilds, but the Oil Rigs are a little smaller and are more squarde with a little more light leakage. The stems on both models are obviously different, the Batwolf has the Fuel Cell stems (which I love) and the interchangable icons.

When I first got my (Shadow camo) Oil Rigs I notice they were really light but the stems felt really loose and not super solid. Now when I got my Batwolfs (matte black) I liked the sturdier feel of the stems and frame.

My personal favorite is the Batwolf you get sturdier ear stems and interchangable icons. While the Batwolfs are slightly heavier, Im willing to take a heavier frame over a lighter frame.

I have the Matte black frame with violet lense and chrome/black icons

And my favorite Granite frame with ruby lense and gunmetal/red icons.

I've had a pair of Batwolfs:
Clear frame w/ Ice Iridium
and now..
Black Ink w/ Jade Iridium (fits a bit looser than the Antix I have).

I love how the batwolf looks and how well it maintains it's rigidity. All three of mine feel very solid still after a ton of use! They get tight on the back of my ears though after a while since the arms have a lot of curve on the ends. The oil rig is far more comfortable to me for longer periods of time, but it also doesn't feel anywhere near as solid. The worst part though is that I feel like it instantly adds a considerable amount of douchiness when I wear them.

I personally prefer Batwolfs, the Oil Rigs add a little bit of something different on the arms and they just dont fit my face as well as the Batwolfs.

Back