• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf Vs. Oil Rig Which Do You Prefer?

I think the text frames and some of the other all-over patterns look better on the Oil Rig, but the Batwolf has so much real estate for artwork. I wish the Batwolf was a dual-lens instead of a shield, I'd probably own some again if it was.

Although not in the same way the Drum was a dual lens of the Rig, the Drums were somewhat awkward.

I would vote for neither. Not a fan of the shield lens, unless it's on sport frame. However, I think Batwolf is a better frame. Basically it's a slightly larger Fuel Cell with a shield lens. Although, I do like the verson 2 icons on the Oil Rig.

I think it comes down to which style you prefer. The two models are similar in function.

I'm attached to my Batwolf because it fits perfectly on my particular face and it blocks out the sunlight from every angle.
The only downsides are that its a bit heavy and picks up condensation & sweat due to the wide surface area of the lens. I imagine Oil Rig has the same issue.

if i had to choose, Batwolf. i never owned an Oil Rig because it was too big and seemed to impart a vibe i didnt like. the Batwolf is smaller, decent fit and agree a somewhat larger sheild version of the FC which I owned several of until i decided the sheild lens wasnt for me. overall the BW is actually one of the best Lux era pieces Oakley has produced

Batwolfs hands down, especially the granite frame. The oil rigs are OK but I've always felt as if the stems gave off a cheap or knock-off look.

Back