• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf's Finished Custom Polished Jury

They look awesome! Did you apply anything to prevent corrosion?

I have polished numerous items in the past and never had an issue with corrosion. I assume if you get harsh chemicals or sweat alot without wiping them down, iam sure they will dull out. They wont pit unless they are left without caring for them. When I am done I usually spend 15-20 minutes wipng them down and polishing them out with carnuba wax...

I have polished numerous items in the past and never had an issue with corrosion. I assume if you get harsh chemicals or sweat alot without wiping them down, iam sure they will dull out. They wont pit unless they are left without caring for them. When I am done I usually spend 15-20 minutes wipng them down and polishing them out with carnuba wax...

These are not made of straight aluminum, but 7075 alloy, which is zinc rich and not corrosion resistant. If left exposed long enough the surface zinc will eventually corrode away, leaving a spalted or moldy appearance. Using a non acidic building wax, like Renaissance Wax will prevent this.

These are not made of straight aluminum, but 7075 alloy, which is zinc rich and not corrosion resistant. If left exposed long enough the surface zinc will eventually corrode away, leaving a spalted or moldy appearance. Using a non acidic building wax, like Renaissance Wax will prevent this.

I appreciate the info!!!! Good to know. Do you know where this is readily available at? I usually get my stuff from supply warehouses...

Back