• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolfs won't stay on

I would say see if you can find some Antix or Hijinx as they have a similar fit to the Batwolf but the arms are longer and might fit behind the head for a more secure fit.

I found a pair of the Hijinx but the small amount of bend isn't enough. Essentially my problem is that my nose becomes oily by the end of the day or when I am out in the sun. Plastic frames just slide off of my nose regardless of weight. I thought the Batwolfs might be able to stay on since they are rather secure but it just doesn't happen after a while. It is also annoying because I am outdoors quite a bit (mainly going to concerts or baseball games) and I can't wear my sunglasses. Worse comes to worst, I will just go searching for another pair. I am fine with plastic so long as they have a no-slip surface around the nose and maybe ears. I think the silicon/rubber nose pads used with wire frame glasses provides enough of that no-slip surface that they stay on. I wear prescription (regular) glasses when my contacts aren't in. Those stay up without any issues even when I am in the sun for long periods of time (mainly on the weekends because I don't feel like putting my contacts in).

Off to the Oakley Vault store again. I just wish there was some type of no-slip tape (or something along those lines) I could just put on the nose piece of my current Batwolfs.

If this become so bothersome, just sell it. Have you tried Crankcase? I have a small melon, it fits me perfectly, maybe too perfect that it gets condensation on the inside. If it was me, I sell it and move on to a different pair. You got to be happy, or you'll keep frustrating yourself.

There used to be a guy on feebay who sold these tiny thin inserts that would go on the end of the earstem so the stems would not close all the way to the frame. Hard to describe but what they did was tighten up the fit on your earstems so they didn't slip as bad. Haven't seen them on ebay in a while, but that might be something you could make yourself, worth a try.

I still have my Batwolfs as I am not sure if I will be able to sell those for a reasonable price. A friend offered to buy them off of me for $100 but that is laughable at best. I may just keep them since this isn't an issue during the fall or winter when the temperatures are a lot lower and the humidity is much less. They could always just be my fall/winter glasses, I don't know. I ended up buying a new pair from a different brand. I went to three different sunglass shops; two were national chains and one was a big Oakley store. None of the Oakley or secondary brand made by Oakley (I forget who they were) wire frames or plastic frames with anti-slip options looked right on me. I have a wide head but frames that are too round don't look good. It took me forever to find the Batwolfs I originally purchased. I found a pair from a different brand but they too are owned by Luxottica (just like Oakley) so I guess it worked out.

I don't mean to bump a 3 month old thread but I wanted to give an update as to my progress. I actually made something similar to the foam inserts that doowutchyalike listed. They didn't work as the weight of the glasses still remains on my nose so they continued to slide down after ~30 minutes of wearing them. I came across some medial silicon in my lab and made a few pieces for it. I made two nose pads and two rectangle pads for the earpieces. That actually worked for a while but the silicon started to degrade and the pieces eventually fell off. So I finally gave up on trying to modify them. The glasses are still sitting on my shelf collecting dust as I can't wear them without having to push them up every 2 minutes. I had purchased a pair of Ray-Bans (not very expensive) but I dropped them in a parking lot a few weeks ago. Needless to say, they are toast as the wire frames were dinged up and one of the lenses cracked. Needless to say, my luck hasn't been very good lately.

I went back to the Oakley store and started trying on more glasses. I thought I had tried the Pitbulls on my second time around there but they weren't actually the Pitbulls, they were something else. So I tried those on. I like the look though the rounded tops seem a little bug-like. They also had non-slip coatings. I purchased the non-polarized pair (kind of wish I sprung the extra for the polarized lenses) as they were drastically cut in price. The store wanted $80 for the standard versions and $160 for the two with polarized lenses. These glasses have no trouble staying on. I even wore them during three big outdoor music festivals in July with nothing but sunshine and sweat, they didn't even budge the entire day. In fact, the sweat kind of acted like adhesive with the no-slip portion of the nose. I really wish the Batwofls would have worked out as I think they are the best looking Oakleys for my face/head but they could never stay on during the warmer days.

Thanks for all who helped. I'm hoping I can sell my Batwolfs through Craigslist, otherwise my $220 glasses are just going to sit there.

Have you looked into Oakley's "Active" line? They have the rubber nose and ear pieces and stay in place better than the "Lifestyle" ones like the Batwolf. I bought a Gascan since it looked nice but took a walk around the block and they were slipping the whole way. I recently bought a used Straight Jacket and it sits better than the Gascan.

Back