• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Be aware - Fake Penny

Zorro1963

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
I bought these fake Penny sunglasses, but was lucky that I was able to get my money back from the seller.

Screenshot_20220119-213147_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220119-213129_Facebook.jpg

What was the tell tale that they were fake? I have an eye on a pair and as far as I can tell they look legit.

What was the tell tale that they were fake? I have an eye on a pair and as far as I can tell they look legit.
Look above your last post, and the 'exhaust ports' were solid, rather than having a gap for the screw and the rubber between them. Will find an example.

Not awake,

not on Pennys..............:rolleyes:

or are they
1644749356202.png

and lastly, the hexhead screws are found on all the X Metal range. No hexhead, ask why not?

Last edited:
The shape of the earstem tip must be to avoid infringing Copyright, As most Fakes exhibit this.
I remember the rhetoric on the warranty paperwork advocating "Oakley's really tenacious lawyers pursuing any infringement of copyright" or words to that effect.
Presumably Lux pushed all them out the door in 2007.....

The shape of the earstem tip must be to avoid infringing Copyright, As most Fakes exhibit this.
I remember the rhetoric on the warranty paperwork advocating "Oakley's really tenacious lawyers pursuing any infringement of copyright" or words to that effect.
Presumably Lux pushed all them out the door in 2007.....
That's not the case now, though.

Back