• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Be careful - someone is pretending to be me.

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
So it’s come to my attention that there’s now been 2 instances of someone contacting members of this forum through text or email pretending to be me. The first one went no where as the person knew it wasn’t me and texted me to inform me, there’s a thread on that. Looks like now there’s a second instance where money was exchanged.

Not sure how we can prevent this sort of thing since it’s happening outside of the forum, ie it’s not account related.

Few things:
1)I only deal with PayPal. If you get a request from me with Zelle or cash app or what ever, it ain’t me.
2) I don’t deal over email
3) make sure you verify via signed dated papers and pics before exchanging any cash.

[mention]OakleyBoss [/mention] [mention]Ironranger88 [/mention]

So it’s come to my attention that there’s now been 2 instances of someone contacting members of this forum through text or email pretending to be me. The first one went no where as the person knew it wasn’t me and texted me to inform me, there’s a thread on that. Looks like now there’s a second instance where money was exchanged.

Not sure how we can prevent this sort of thing since it’s happening outside of the forum, ie it’s not account related.

Few things:
1)I only deal with PayPal. If you get a request from me with Zelle or cash app or what ever, it ain’t me.
2) I don’t deal over email
3) make sure you verify via signed dated papers and pics before exchanging any cash.

[mention]OakleyBoss [/mention] [mention]Ironranger88 [/mention]
Appreciate the heads up on this.

Call me stupid, but I have worked with Q before and I had no issue sending him F+F.
1) I was side tracked with work
2) thought i was dealing with a trusted seller
3) the scammer did their research (used proper names, past conversations between me and Q in posts when texting me directly)
4) they text me only 10 min after Q messaged me on the post I was interested in saying" I'll have to review and get updated prices"

Signs I should have expected it was a scam
1) Sometimes had broken English
2) asked for Zelle first
3) The name on the paypal was "wierd". But hey "Qtrain' isn't normal either. Haha

Luckily I used a credit card for PayPal, so hopefully I'll be able to get my moola back!

This forum's security gets breached A LOT

I'm sure there are quite a few folks (scammers/hackers) that have gotten personal information from this very forum and taken their scamming outside of the forum...

Latest Posts

Back