• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beams Tortoise

AtmosPlease?

Oakley Beginner
Baltimore
Never see or hear anything about these. Anybody have them and want to share pics? In my several years of collecting I think I have seen this pair the least. I have seen the stock photos wanted to see some personal photos

Was this the one you were asking about? Sorry about the bad pictures, just took a couple of quick shots with my phone!
a8ad7e2b.jpg

c4a68de5.jpg

That's the pair, very nice. Thanks for posting that. If you had to value them, what would you value them at?

I paid £168 for the black/clear, and the same for the tortoise/clear, not long after they were released but imagine they would be easy to sell up to $350 each now if complete and new condition. The later two 'fade' Beams pairs with the straps I paid a lot more for but again seem to surface for around $350 apiece. I am sure in history some have sold for higher prices.

Can someone educate me; why do ppl wear clear lens? Purpose? I can understand sporty glasses with clear lens for,blocking dust, sand & wind..ermmm but frogskin with clear lens? Hmm..

The Frogskin model has potential in design and appearance to be a prescription glass, so the small quantity of releases with either Clear or Yellow lenses can be used to simulate this, they could be worn indoors, at night time, at functions and so on where sunglasses serve no use, yet the wearer still wants to wear glasses. There is little doubt that pieces like Atmos, the four Beams, Gentei, and the 2nd Bananabeat Records form part of a gimmicky sub niche within the Frogskin group that are indispensable when their use is called upon.