• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beater Split Jacket recoat project

Finally getting around to posting final product pics. Slightly imperfect, but mine. Not bad for my first real attempt at custom. My Splits now have a new vibe.

acf77ddea73105222e516154ffa72f07.jpg
0929e10736f8f90f1c79fdf8b71f51f9.jpg
56592f4fd1139fe3c18d54aab69e3c77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I came across my old beat up SJ RootBeer end of last year when we were moving into our new house. Can't remember right now, but I think they went in the bin.
Guess if I'm regretting that now

I love the finish on those, like a 90s Pro Tour team kit.

I came across my old beat up SJ RootBeer end of last year when we were moving into our new house. Can't remember right now, but I think they went in the bin.
Statements like that make me die a little inside, no matter how beat up a frame is, someone here will have it from you for mad science purposes.

I love the finish on those, like a 90s Pro Tour team kit.

Statements like that make me die a little inside, no matter how beat up a frame is, someone here will have it from you for mad science purposes.
I know man, but at the time it must have seemed like a good idea.
Basically if I could have gotten some new rubbers and new TIP lenses they would be working just fine. Nolonger sanpoy closing of the stems but no abuse... And I God like 4-5 pairs of nose bombs so... There you go. Like I said I think they went in the bin but if I find them I'll let ya know