• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Beating the Hell out of Lenses, Need Ideas!

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So after handling several X metals for the past month, most of them came with very trashed lenses, I kept a couple and decided to the a fun video where I can test how much punishment they can take. I've got a set of OEM Fire Iridium polarized which are scratched to hell, and a set of aftermarket (should I say their name, its not one of the forum sponsors) Irish Green color which I got free on a deal (they suck, they just darken everything and visibility is horrible) this way we can compare Oakley durability vs a Aftermaket product. I've only got 2 tests in mind, so I need your help wth other ideas, I don't know how much the lenses will last, but I'll try everything I can until they are literally in pieces. So what's on those crazy minds? Let me know!

Test 1: Run Over with car (I think this has happened to other people with frames, I'll try the lenses alone)
Test 2: Hammer
Test 3: Dropping from a certain height?
Test 4: ???
Test 5: ???

ps. Don't own a gun, so I can shoot them. My brother is a chemist so we might get somewhere there. I'll do stupid tests as long as I don't get hurt

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2835.JPG

Last edited:
I have no idea how that works, but I honestly don't care. Don't need a gun really, lived here my entire life and I've never got mugged so I can't complain.
Now back to topic, shooting them will obviously destroy them, so we need something more plausible to happen, dropping them from the stairs/Balcony, running over them with the car, the hammer hit would compare to something like getting hit in the face by a golf ball or something. I could torch 'em, but that be the end of it

In that case I could end with a lovely bonfire, and if the survive that, then the concrete block while playing "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta". You know, just to keep the office space flow going :cool-20:

Back