• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Been Around Oakley Since I Was A Babay!

NJM3

Oakley Beginner
Well were to begin, I just turned 24 a few days ago :cool: and have been around Oakley my entire life. I am not sure exactly what his position was, but my uncle was a HUGE part of Oakley while I was growing up. I remember every time I went to his house I would run upstairs to "play pool" in his office and try on hundreds (yes hundreds) of pairs of brand new Oakley sunglasses that he had in his closet. Some of them were going to stores, some of them were test trials to see how they fit, functioned, performed, and all that good stuff. Anyway, I knew about the over the top glasses I would says years before the stores, magazines, or even internet had any idea what they were. Being young I thought they were cool but didn't realize how valuable they would one day become or I would have tried to get my hands on as many pairs as possible :tongue: I remember seeing crazy lens colors that never came to market as well. Basically, a Oakley junkies dream was what I grew up around. Fast forward and during college I worked at a bunch of random summer jobs but found my home working for Luxottica, the worlds largest eye wear company. LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut International and Pearle Vision are all wholly owned subsidiaries of the Italian-based Luxottica,the largest eyewear company in the world. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Luxottica they are the company that makes Oakley, Ray-Ban, Persol, and most of the designer sunglasses we see today such as Versace, Tiffany, Tory Burch, Burberry, and others. I worked in a prestigious mall at a small boutique that sold almost every brand of glasses you would be interested in which unforunately closed down while I went back to college :sad: I came back for winter break, walked into the mall and the store was just gone! The manager didn't even have the courtesy to call me and say the store was shutting down :( Anyway, I am starting to ramble but I absolutely LOVED that job and my sales performance during the recession showed it! I graduate college in May with a BS in business administration and concentration in management + marketing so I may try and get into another Luxottica store since I loved the atmosphere as well as my job in general! Well, thats my intro and past so lets get into my somewhat lame collection :laugh:

Oldies:
90's "rare" Oakley Minute gold w/ bronze lens w/ "jet hole" (that got me banned from the selling section of this forum for posting an ebay link) oops! :help:
90's Oakley Fives rootbeer w/ bronze lens

misc
Love Persol but fell off my face everytime I sweat
tons of dragon, electric, and other misc. glasses
Ray-Ban classic aviator black w/ g15 (green) lenses
Oakley Jawbone (got a CRAZY discount at work, like $40 with an extra set of lenses but returned them because they were too bg on me! and super gaudy :-O

Current:
Ray-Ban classic aviator chrome frame w/ mirror glass lenses (cracked but still use em) - DRIVING GLASSES
Oakley Gas can - matte black w/ polarized BLACK (not grey) lenses ... also have a OEM extra set of ice blue iridium lenses AND fire iridium lenses for these as well

Wanted:
Frog skin camo's!!!! - but I have to go to the mall and try on the frog skins one last time to make sure they fit me correctly and look good before I pull the trigger on
these limited edition bad boys.

Well, thats all folks! :usa2:

Glad you are posting a little about yourself. Welcome to the forum and look forward to more posts. Its funny that I never really got into collecting Oakley's till recently, but have always worn oakleys, Killerloop, and ray ban because of the military. I just used them as function over collecting. I wish I could get my hands on some of the older ones I used and abused and now regret.

Back