• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Before And After Oakley Forum

Not as crazy as some here... but started with around 5 I think? A radar, oil rig, oil drum, dispatch, and a crankcase is what I had with possibly a few others I forgot about. Now I stand at 17 plus or minus a pair. I've got plans for more down the road, and I'd like to make a wooden wall display case this summer if I get the chance to hold about 10 pairs and some collectors bags. Before the forum, I knew how good the glasses were, but really had no idea what sort of glasses there were. I had very little knowledge on how to identify any of them because I really thought there were just a few kinds of Oakleys. Oil rigs, gascans, flak jackets and radars because that was all I had ever seen people wear around here. I started off with oil rigs and have definitely found myself interested in more collectable or "out there" pairs.

I had been collecting for around 8 years prior and surprisingly the quantity of my purchases has decreased. I had over 200 when i started. Now i have about 15 more. The quality has remained about the same so i guess i am lucky to not have made the addiction worse but it hasn't made it better either so...

Started with 7. Now somewhere around 70 (but would need to count to be sure). Bare in mind though that this includes the ones I got for my wife & sons as mine is a family collection. I had 1 pair of Black Crystal Monster Dogs when I joined, I now have 29 pairs of Monster Dogs. All thanks (not what my wife thinks though) to you guys.

I joined the Oakley Forum on 18th September 2011 and had 716 pairs on that date, today the total is 905 pairs. First glass was a pair of New Frogskins - Texas Tea - Gold, purchased on 6th July 1999.

Latest Posts

Back