• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bending arms.....best way?

As for shaping Omatter..I used a blow dryer on LOW heat and took my time,worked fine,for meo_O
I'd agree with a blow dryer on low, waiting a good minute, then apply steady, firm, gradual pressure to bend. You will probably need two sets of hands. Find a hot lady to hold the blow dryer for you! Just kidding. Also, why not take them to a professional?!!!!

Really only the Acetate or metal frames (not aluminum!) can or should be bent to fit.
This is true, but I've been adjusting O-Matter for years as well. It really isn't something to do on the temples. But like someone mentioned earlier. The base curve looked too flat on one, so that could easily be heated in the nosebridge area by a professional (experience can be key) and bring the whole thing "in".

I have a pair of Oakley Flack Jacket glasses. I left them in the sunglass compartment in my cars ceiling for a few months as I usually only wear them in the summer.

When I went to wear them this summer the arms had been completely flattened and straightened with no curve left. Is there a safe and DIY way to recurve the plastic arms? I see you can buy replacement Flak rubber pieces but not the entire arm itself. Looking for ideas here.
I'm just going to keep mentioning seeing a professional. Especially if the frame is over 1-2 years old. The O-Matter material does become brittle after a few years depending on your location and climate. Based on the fact you don't wear them months at a time I figure you expose them to extreme cold. Frames may be dry and brittle. Be careful my friends!

Yeah, grip is not about pressure. It's about contact area. Just like a car tire. Bigger contact patch, better grip (all other things being equal).

Plus, too much pressure, will hurt like :headbang: after a while...

Back