• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Aftermaket Lenses For Romeos?

qtrain23

The Printing Pundit
Premium Member
United States
I bought a Romeo 1 frame and need some lenses. I don't currently have the cash for oem so looking for 3rd party. What do you guys recommend? Right now I'm leaning towards exovista, but may go for line gear although they're a little bit more than I wanna pay.

I can vouch for the quality of Linegear, but I have to recommend against the Red Mirror lenses based on personal experience. I haven't tried any of their other mirrors though, and based on the pictures on their site, I would be willing to try out another set, if I were interested in any of the other colors. Be warned though, their base tint is not very dark.

Oh, and they are ALOT more expensive than Exovista. I got my Exovista Ruby Quartz lenses for $34.99 shipped...the Linegear Red Mirror set that I got was damn near $90 shipped.

I also find that Linegear is a fair bit more (almost double) than Exovista. But from personal experience (I own a few exovista lenses) they don't really match up to the optical clarity of OEM. Looking into a pair of Linegear red lenses though, could you please elaborate on why you recommend against them?

Cheers

Alf

I can vouch for the quality of Linegear, but I have to recommend against the Red Mirror lenses based on personal experience. I haven't tried any of their other mirrors though, and based on the pictures on their site, I would be willing to try out another set, if I were interested in any of the other colors. Be warned though, their base tint is not very dark.

Oh, and they are ALOT more expensive than Exovista. I got my Exovista Ruby Quartz lenses for $34.99 shipped...the Linegear Red Mirror set that I got was damn near $90 shipped.

I also find that Linegear is a fair bit more (almost double) than Exovista. But from personal experience (I own a few exovista lenses) they don't really match up to the optical clarity of OEM. Looking into a pair of Linegear red lenses though, could you please elaborate on why you recommend against them?

Cheers

Alf

He wasn't too happy with the reflectivity of the lens...
Here is a link to the discussion....

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/8304-any-pics-linegear-red-mirror-lenses-ducati-x-squared-2.html#post110514

Yup, mirror AND tint too light. Basically I just found them not worthy of the $90 pricetag. I already have $35 exovistas that I actually like better, so i'll put the money into accessorizing another frame.

If anybody wants the Linegears I got, they are up on ebay. My price is alot lower than Linegear's own, and they won't be shipping from Japan.

Latest Posts

Back