• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Beach Volleyball Sunglasses?

shaun.andersen

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I play beach volleyball and I was looking at purchasing a new pair of sunglasses. I was wondering what type of lens would be best. Right now I'm leaning towards either Polarised Prizm or just Prizm.

The ball we play with is yellow, blue and white, the conditions are extremely sunny as we play outdoors at any time of the day.

I've heard that Prizm Field is very good, however that isn't offered in Polarised Prizm, what Polarised Prizm lens would you recommend?

Thanks.

Prizm Field is a good fit. If you're worried about it being not dark enough for very bright conditions, go with a non-sport Prizm like Grey, Black, Sapphire, Ruby, etc. I'd also look at Prizm Dark Golf as it is very versatile in varying conditions, and as the name suggests, is darker than regular Prizm Golf.

It's up to you, but I wouldn't waste money on polarized lenses in the beach volleyball context. You spend most of your time looking at or near the sky, and polarization will not help you. Additionally, glare off sand is nearly negligible. Polarized sunglasses reduce glare off flat, horizontal surfaces such as water or metal, nothing more, nothing less.

Prizm Field is a good fit. If you're worried about it being not dark enough for very bright conditions, go with a non-sport Prizm like Grey, Black, Sapphire, Ruby, etc. I'd also look at Prizm Dark Golf as it is very versatile in varying conditions, and as the name suggests, is darker than regular Prizm Golf.

It's up to you, but I wouldn't waste money on polarized lenses in the beach volleyball context. You spend most of your time looking at or near the sky, and polarization will not help you. Additionally, glare off sand is nearly negligible. Polarized sunglasses reduce glare off flat, horizontal surfaces such as water or metal, nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks so much

Ya, but for walking the beach before or after, and driving polarized would certainly be nice.

would you reckon that Prizm Polarised Ruby would act similarly to Prizm Field, with the added benefit of Polarised Lenses?

Thank you, I think some contrast and pink color would be nicer, so I am gonna go for Road Black. I was thinking to get a new lens to change on my Radar, but then I found this EVzero with Road black at a great price! Why is it so low? All other frames/lenses are double prices. Is it because of that partially pink frame not being too manly? I kinda like it.

Back