• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Current Replacement for Monster Dogs?

VIENNAGAMBIT

Oakley Beginner
Hey all - have had a pair of monster dogs since about 2003 that I've literally beat to death, but I just love them. Finally the scratches have added up and I've realized I need to move on...

So given that the MDs are no longer offered, what are the closest current models?

What I really love about them is how much coverage I get around my eyes - love how the wrap - and also love the large field of view I get from the large lenses. Guess I just loved how huge the lenses and frames were - they were monsters.

I do like the half/flak jackets and the larger framed m frame - wished that had a frame under the lense. I do NOT like the squarish framed glasses at all. Gascans and fuel cell were ok, but initially I didn't like how square they were - plus they lacked the peripheral vision. Wish they were more curvy.

What do you guys think? What models can get me there?

And no I don't want to replace the lenses on my current MDs as the frames have gouges and nicks as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
By your preferences, I think the new Straight Jacket is right on the money.
The addition of ear socks and nose bombs on the nicely wrapped SJ make for a secure and comfortable fit with good peripheral vision, and only a slight decrease in aggressive looks.

By your preferences, I think the new Straight Jacket is right on the money.
The addition of ear socks and nose bombs on the nicely wrapped SJ make for a secure and comfortable fit with good peripheral vision, and only a slight decrease in aggressive looks.
I concur.

Latest Posts

Back