• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Day Ever (At Least Since I Joined The Forum)

First & foremost before I start my story. I must give thanks to all of the great members here. I am a member of no social media group besides this. I only joined here because I happened to meet @Lars and he was so cool to talk to and hang out with that I started watching the site back in June of last year. Intimidated with all of your collections, and frames that made me pale in comparison, I think it was not until August that I joined.

However, since that point I have met so many really great guys that are so supportive of a newbie and happy to help. Special thanks to @zwc0442 @Chris A Hardaway for helping me out with all of their customs and my stupid questions along the way. Special thanks to @IAMOBS for his help in making me get rid of all my money. Thanks to @Allen Gentry who was the first to deal with a newbie. Many many thanks to @OakleyGuru379 for something I would rather forget. Thanks to @Trucker360 for his help with a friend during the holiday season. Thanks to all I have met.

Now for the story. Let me preface it by saying yesterday was the worst day for me since joining the forum. Today was the best. Some of you might know these from the picture. I could not from my cell phone when I saw them on offer up for $160.
View attachment 426954

In typical fashion because I am dealing on offer up. I offer really low because you do not know when you are going to get when you get there. He was asking $160. I offered $100 and he accepted. To good to be true. We lived only 10 minutes apart.

When we met and he handed me the glasses to inspect, I took one glance and saw they were way better than I expected. Infinite Hero in good shape. No Case, coin etc. Needs tightening. However, good straight frames. He explained on how his kids bought them for him years ago.

He was the coolest little old man you would ever meet. I instantly felt bad about low balling him. So I gave him what I had in my wallet. $!43. I explained to him that they were worth more in my opinion but that was all I had. He insisted that he was only going to take the $100 we agreed on. I said I would not take them for less than what I had in my pocket. He finally accepted extremely graciously.

Now here is where it gets good. He followed me home to see where I live. I did not know this. An hour or so later the doorbell rings and he was there with his wife. He brought her to thank me as they were using the money on their anniversary dinner. We got to talking and my wife pulled me aside to tell me about a $100 Flemming's gift card that we had. We insisted that they take it.

What a difference 24 hours makes....

Thanks to all here who are so supportive of one another. Great community to be a member of...

That is a wonderful story Thanks for sharing!!!

I was afraid the story would get scary once he followed you home!!! Well it kind did, since he took you an dyour wife for another $100... Haha. Just kidding man @Lars is the best as well as the other guys you mentioned. I hope I'm a cute little old man some day. I really need people to get suckered into giving me cash for my old junk. JK Again. i can't help it. You the best Cutch. Stay true, your honesty and kind ways show through. Blessed be he who helps others man.

Oakley is the only Brand I have ever seen bring so many people together, create many friendships, inspire a forum where everyone is considered equal and treat each other like family.
This story is just proof of that. Another good person making a difference in someone’s life. All because of a pair of sunglasses. Well done my friend!

That's a great story on how you got the juliets but I agree I would have been a little worried when the guy showed up at my door. I don't think the conversation would have started out well. I don't know what Flemmings is but it sounds like they needed the money and the gift card and were very grateful for your generosity.

Back