• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best everyday contrast lens similar to Tungsten? DWP, SWP, JIP, SIP, RIP?

DKO

Oakley Enthusiast
626, SGV, CA
I am looking for a lens as my every day lens for my Flak Draft Asian Fits. The lens selection is very limited.
Normally my go to perfect every day lens is Tungsten IP. But there is no Tungsten option.
I like Tungsten most for contrast. Also for versatility; good for shade, bright sun and bright indoors, driving. Also with iridium coating.
Which of these lenses would and similar to Tungsten in the 12-15% light range?
Shallow water Prizm
Deep water Prizm
Sapphire iridium polarized
Jade iridium polarized
Ruby iridium polarized

prizm daily is out because of no iridium and not great in bright sun when needed. I have alot of Prizm Daily already.
No SI options as Oakley apparently doesn't acknowledge any Asians in military or law enforcement. Too bad as I love Prizm Maritime.
Thanks for your opinions

If you like the brown base of tungsten I would go with Prizm Shallow Water. It works great In bright sun

Yeah Jade, Sapphire and Ruby are not contrast lenses. SWP would be the ticket.

Thanks all.
What about Deep Water Prizm? Is it too dark for indoor use? Or mixed bright sun and shade, like hiking or sightseeing. I don't mean wearing all day indoors, just maybe for short times, walking into or through brightly lit buildings.

Last edited:
prizm daily polar is great pretty similar to dwp just a tad more rose and dwp has a little more blue and bronze and deep water prizm is defintelty in the dark area of oakley like black iriduim and prizm black daily polar has a 14% vlt and dwp has 12% so daily probably could rock indoors but still plenty dark enough dwp is a little darker maybe too dark for indoors i would go with daily if your wearing indoors and outdoors

The closest to tungsten in SWP. I sometimes wear DWP indoors for sometimes, it's not problematic despite being at 12% VLT. SWP has little bit of intense contrast compared to DWP.

Thanks all.
What about Deep Water Prizm? Is it too dark for indoor use? Or mixed bright sun and shade, like hiking or sightseeing. I don't mean wearing all day indoors, just maybe for short times, walking into or through brightly lit buildings.
prizm daily polar is great pretty similar to dwp just a tad more rose and dwp has a little more blue and bronze and deep water prizm is defintelty in the dark area of oakley like black iriduim and prizm black daily polar has a 14% vlt and dwp has 12% so daily probably could rock indoors but still plenty dark enough dwp is a little darker maybe too dark for indoors i would go with daily if your wearing indoors and outdoors
lol just reazlied you said no daily polar oops

Shallow water is great. Not sure it's much better in bright light than daily though. I'm fine with daily even on bright days

Back