• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best everyday contrast lens similar to Tungsten? DWP, SWP, JIP, SIP, RIP?

[QUOTE="NoFair, post: 1454193, member: 12759"Not sure it's much better in bright light than daily though. I'm fine with daily even on bright days
[/QUOTE]
That's why I asked what compared best to Tungsten since Tungsten can hold up in bright light too. I find myself squinting in bright sun with Prizm Daily.

So based on everyone else too, SWP is the answer.

That's why I asked what compared best to Tungsten since Tungsten can hold up in bright light too. I find myself squinting in bright sun with Prizm Daily.

To be honest, SWP doesn’t hold up on bright days for me. Daily doesn’t work for me on bright days either due to the lack of Iridium. The SWP is closest to Tungsten in terms of base tint, but I’d regret picking it as an everyday lens on bright days.

Of the ones you have listed, I’d pick DWP for a versatile everyday lens. It is darker than Tungsten and has a different base tint, but I find it works just fine in mixed/cloudy conditions and does very well in bright conditions.

Like you said, too bad you can’t get Maritime! Now that is a versatile lens!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="NoFair, post: 1454193, member: 12759"Not sure it's much better in bright light than daily though. I'm fine with daily even on bright days

[/QUOTE]
yea probably dwp if you think daily polar is too light then swp is way too light dwp is basically a darker swp with more blue and less bronze

I ended up with Prizm Road for my Flak Draft Asia fits.
There was a sale back in the spring and thought I would get Prizm Road for driving. But I find it works pretty well for my original request. Works ok in bright indoors. Works outdoors and has iridium coating for sun glare. Has a somewhat contrasty rose base.

It's not a perfect match for Tungsten. It's not as contrasty, which would be nice. And I think polarization would help a little.
But overall I think Prizm Road an ok substitute for my favorite Tungsten Iridium Polarized for everyday mixed light use.

Back