• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best For Golf?

Is that any different thank black iridium polarized? I'm thinking of ordering the radar locks with oo red polarized as well as the black iridium polarized.

Regular Black Iridium has a grey base so the tint is natural. OO BIP has a rose base, so it is a contrast lens that increases contrast. It works especially well for golf, where the slight differences in shadows on a green are accentuated. I love the tint to it and it really makes things pop in all uses, not just golf. OO Red Polarized would be a similar view when looking out of the glasses as OO Black Polarized, but obviously look different when other people look at you. A combo of OO Red Polarized and regular Black Iridium Polarized would be an awesome way to go.

I would avoid polarized, as it can alter your depth perception. Unless you only ever play with polarized lenses (and the SAME polarized lenses) it can cause shifts. Nothing so bad as misjudging stopping distance in a car, but trying to figure out if you're 200 yards or 250 from the pin it might give you a little difficulty.

Unless you've got a laser range finder.

Yeah, G30 isn't a dark lens. But I find that as you adjust you can wear the brighter stuff in full sunlight, especially if you're still wearing a hat. It won't be great and you'll probably feel fatigue after some time (varying by conditions and person). But if you're going from not wearing shades while golfing altogether I don't think you'll be offput.

Thanks for your inputs guys! Settled on the radar lock paths with oo red polarized iridium and then black iridium as the 2nd lens!

Regular Black Iridium has a grey base so the tint is natural. OO BIP has a rose base, so it is a contrast lens that increases contrast. It works especially well for golf, where the slight differences in shadows on a green are accentuated. I love the tint to it and it really makes things pop in all uses, not just golf. OO Red Polarized would be a similar view when looking out of the glasses as OO Black Polarized, but obviously look different when other people look at you. A combo of OO Red Polarized and regular Black Iridium Polarized would be an awesome way to go.

The OO series uses a G40 base lens, allowing for a greater range of light condition usage. Basically it has the same light transmission as a Black Iridium Polarized lens, yet allows for a greater light range of use. For example over cast conditions, the OO will allow greater visibility than a straight black iridium.

Cheers!

The OO series uses a G40 base lens, allowing for a greater range of light condition usage. Basically it has the same light transmission as a Black Iridium Polarized lens, yet allows for a greater light range of use. For example over cast conditions, the OO will allow greater visibility than a straight black iridium.

Cheers!
G30 and G40 are the same lens with just different light transmissions, aren't they?

Back