• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best frame for prescription lens for cycling?

chimneyliu

Oakley Beginner
I have quite a big prescription: OD -5.00/-0.75 and OS -5.00/-0.50

I'm having a hard time choosing a frame for cycling, worrying the lenses couldn't be put on the frame or they're too thick and may have distortion. Been eyeing on the Flak 2.0 XL, but looks like the lenses shape on it is quite wide and tall. Other frames I looked at: Flak 2.0 Asia Fit & Half Jacket 2.0 XL.

Would like to get some advice which one I should go with? Thanks!

Hey man.
I'm not sure if the Flak 2.0 XL can accommodate that prescription. I could be wrong too! Just find out from your local optician.
As for the lens itself, that's entirely up to you. I use the Flak 2.0 XL quite frequently when I ride (motorcycle) and I'm quite happy with it!
In regards to distortion, I don't really see any, so as long as your optician makes the correct adjustments and all, I doubt that you'll notice any.

Monkey

I have quite a big prescription: OD -5.00/-0.75 and OS -5.00/-0.50

I'm having a hard time choosing a frame for cycling, worrying the lenses couldn't be put on the frame or they're too thick and may have distortion. Been eyeing on the Flak 2.0 XL, but looks like the lenses shape on it is quite wide and tall. Other frames I looked at: Flak 2.0 Asia Fit & Half Jacket 2.0 XL.

Would like to get some advice which one I should go with? Thanks!
I second Monkey's suggestion about the Flak and your prescription.

From a cycling and leisure hybrid perspective I have a Portal X, they have the O Matter temple and nose bridges and provide reasonable cycling and casual use cover, but not totally perfect for cycling, if it's cycling your specifically after then I would suggest the Plasma.

Not sure I would tend to wear them away from the bike so much though.

Thanks all for the advice. The local optician said they couldn't do such a high prescription on Flak 2.0 XL. I was hoping maybe Oakley can do it with their own lenses?

That said, also wondering if smaller frames like Flak 2.0 Asian Fit or Half Jacket 2.0 XL could make it possible.

@flyer I'm not a member so seems like I couldn't PM Chris. How shall reach out to him?

Unfortunately Oakley isn't going to be able to make lenses for your prescription. It's just too strong :(

Latest Posts

Back