• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best heavy rain driving lenses?

Which lenses are best for driving in heavy rain?

• Total voters
Works very well with heavy rain, accentuates the reds and oranges for brake lights as well as dull the reflections of the oncoming headlamps in the rain

I got a G30 OEM Juliet lens, maybe I will try them out the next cloudy day.

What most are describing is the Brown base (contrast lenses) lenses either in polar or non polar. They not only slightly brighten things up but will also increase clarity over the grey based ones due to them flattening out the light. OEM Oakley lenses are Base in Prism lenses. Most aftermarket lenses do not have prism based in them. They are plain polycarbonate and vision will be impaired as I have posted many times the stenograph of inferior lenses. Expensive ones at that. The Hi Yellow Oak lens should be good at night. The persimmon are low light lenses and there is even a Flak persimmon that is a Hi Persimmon with slight mirror coating. The Vr's are contrast lenses but have the darker coating for daylight viewing. Vr50 are decent and have been mentioned. The Tungsten are brown based also. Notice non being mentioned are grey based, so common theme is the brown base, polar cuts glare. Now its just a matter of the outside color to figure out and match that to the condition outside.

Latest Posts

Back