• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
You’ve probably noticed professional cyclists wear sunglasses all the time, even in the winter. And if you’re on the fence about cycling sunglasses, there are plenty of practical reasons why you, too, should wear sunnies while cycling.
The most obvious benefit is protection from harmful UV rays. Unfortunately, these harmful rays have been shown to cause various eye-related complications, including keratitis, cataracts, and even total blindness. In addition, constant exposure to sunlight and wind can dry your eyes out, inevitably leading to eye fatigue. 
Finally, cycling sunglasses with great coverage protect your eyes from many projectiles, including bugs, dirt, pollen, and small stones.
So, whether you should wear sunglasses while cycling is settled; the only bit left is the lens color you should choose. And you have plenty of options! Keep reading for the best lens colors for cycling in every type of condition (plus scroll down for our handy visual guide)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Prizm dark golf is my favorite cycling lens. Blocks just the right amount of light but still lets enough light in to see everything, and the tint is a very ‘warming‘ contrast.

Prizm road black is right behind for brighter days when I might want more ‘darkening‘ effect.

@WildWires Dark golf at 22% better than Road at 20%? Why do you prefer over Road? I am thinking old Slate too at 23%
I like the base tint of dark golf. It has a rose/copper color vs the road is basically a rose tint. I personally think the dark golf is easier on my eyes in brighter sunshine vs the road lens. Just my personal preference.

Latest Posts

Back