• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best lenses for all day beach wear?

PassionFruit

Oakley Beginner
Hello, new here! Searched for many hours, my eyes are incredibly sensitive to the sun. Yet being at the beach swimming, watching waves & reading on the shore with a blazing sun is my happy place. I had a nice pair of Oakleys I thought were great, lost them, got new, thought they were the same but that’s a hard NO. Today I realized although same style lost ones said prism, new say polarized. Seems obvious- just go back to prizm but as I delve there’s many options. My eyes are very light blue, I’ve always been this way, all I do is squint and in eye pain since new glasses. Suggestions please :)

Hello, new here! Searched for many hours, my eyes are incredibly sensitive to the sun. Yet being at the beach swimming, watching waves & reading on the shore with a blazing sun is my happy place. I had a nice pair of Oakleys I thought were great, lost them, got new, thought they were the same but that’s a hard NO. Today I realized although same style lost ones said prism, new say polarized. Seems obvious- just go back to prizm but as I delve there’s many options. My eyes are very light blue, I’ve always been this way, all I do is squint and in eye pain since new glasses. Suggestions please :)
What color were your old lenses? Got a pic or can you describe them? First thing that comes to mind for your purpose is Prizm Deep Water. Round here we call it DWP. It’s made for bright conditions out on the water. It’s a light blue lens from the outside.

What color were your old lenses? Got a pic or can you describe them? First thing that comes to mind for your purpose is Prizm Deep Water. Round here we call it DWP. It’s made for bright conditions out on the water. It’s a light blue lens from the outside.

E3345ED5-F47C-44E4-AC81-6AE76AE1FC0B.png

That's probably Prizm Black Polarized. I will recommend that or Black Iridium Polarized for all day beach wear.
Looks like it.

Everyone’s named the ones I would suggest. If you shop around Oakley.com, go to lens info on each one and it gives a percentage for light. Also search by lens.

Prizm Black Polarized is amazing, good contrast and color.

Prizm Deep Water would do you well also

I second the Prizm Black Polarized or Deep Water Polarized if you like your lenses with a grey base (neutral colour)

*corrected*
Other good options, with rose or bronze base lenses, are the Shallow Water Polarized and Prizm Tungsten Polarized. They are not quite as dark but I've found they are awesome for scorching beach days when I'm back home in South Africa. They also enhance colour and contrast a little, especially greens.

Last edited:
Back