• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Lenses For Overcast Conditions

Which lenses do you prefer for cloudy/overcast conditions?

• G40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VR50

• Persimmon

• Clear

• SOLFX transitions

• OTHER

• Total voters
For me, hands down its slate. I know its not that popular, but it is one of my favorite lenses. Even on bright days it does OK, but unlike black iridium when you are indoors or heavy clouds, you are still good to go.

hkwinger said:
For me, hands down its slate. I know its not that popular, but it is one of my favorite lenses. Even on bright days it does OK, but unlike black iridium when you are indoors or heavy clouds, you are still good to go.

I have a pair of Oakley canteens with Slate iridium lenses purchased through oakley vault and that's probably the only time i'd wear them, is a very overcast day. otherwise they tend to be to light for me.

which lens is best for cloudy/overcast conditions, but still doesn't allow to be seen through from the outside? i would still like the lenses to be dark enough to not see through.

how good is positive red iridium in these conditions? are they too dark? i'm not too worried about contrast vs neutral. just a lighter tint than all my black iridiums.

G30 Titanium, oo anything polarized. If it is really pretty dark day, then I would go pink iridium, gold clear, ti clear, ruby clear. Everyone should have a pink iridium monster pup, just for those dark days.

Back