• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Lenses

JCR

Oakley Beginner
I am trying to decide which lenses I should get in my new Oakley's and I cant decide which ones would be the best for my vision. Every opinion helps, thanks.

if you are asking tint wise some details on how you are going to use them and what style so we don't suggest something you can't get fot that style

Like Duke said, you need to be a bit more specific as to what the sunglasses will primarily be used for. Sports, driving, boating, aviation, shooting, general kickin' around? Oakley makes a variety of lens tints for specific uses, so with more information from you we can make sensible suggestions.

Im thinking about the Antix or Batwolf, but they are mostly for just wearing everyday, maybe some fishing and boating too. But im pretty open to the style so if there is a lens not available for one of those styles i can check into what glasses have those lenses.

Very open-ended of a question. Of course recommendations don't hurt but best answer unfortunately comes from experience/trial and error. I had to try a spectrum of tints before settling for something cycling-specific. Until I tried them didn't know blue tints could bother me, and even though red tints seemed better in that regard, felt like my eyes would burn out. Funny that finally I settled on something that is not too far from neutral (+Red Iridium, slightly bluish tint).

For your specific purposes looks like you're mainly looking to reduce reflective glare. Polarized selection may be a good start. I wouldn't quite know why a specific tint aside from neutral is necessary, especially when Oakley lens quality is good with color definition.

If you're going to be on the water, then a polarized lens is probably a wise choice. If you like the Antix and Batwolf, you have the following choices of polarized lenses:

Antix
  • Tungsten Iridium Polarized
  • Grey Polarized
  • Gold Iridium Polarized
  • VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
Batwolf
  • Black Iridium Polarized
  • Grey Polarized
  • Bronze Polarized
  • VR28 Black Iridium Polarized
The Grey and Black lenses have a neutral tint, while the Gold, Bronze and VR28 lenses are contrast tints. I prefer a contrast tint for driving (Tungsten or VR28 BI are faves of mine) but some people prefer neutral. Like Ventruck said, you'd ideally want to look through the lenses before purchasing a pair. But you really can't go wrong with either of the two I mentioned if you want a contrast lens. If you prefer a neutral lens, BIP is a pretty safe choice if you have to purchase sight-unseen.

I was thinking about the VR28 BI so it sounds like they are a good choice.
Thanks guys

Like Duke and MrMoonLight said...what lens on what style will change your decisions.
Some type of lens are not available on few style of glasses (frames)
eg. Black Iridium Polz are not available for RadarLock XL where as it is available for Radarlock Pitch and Path....
etc...etc.....etc....

So I would look for a style (frame) first that has the most different type of lens available (interchangeable...of cause)...

To answer you question....which lenses....you just gotta try on and look through the lenses.
I believe all Oakley Lenses are Contrast Lens. (Please don't eat my head off but correct me if I'm wrong...)
Some lens do feel strange at first...but can get use to it very quickly... eg...Fire Iridium Polz... I'm loving it now..

HAPPY SHOPPING....

Back