• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Non-OEM Replacement Oakley Lenses in General

I will also reply later about all the above, information needs correcting, Juliet oem lenses measure a 8.50-8.75 curvature, but again that curvature only matters to hand cutters, not me. A 7 base turbine lens looks and fits no differently than oem ones for Juliet, Sapphire lenses in the copper frame section for the Mars and the Juliet are both 7 curvature lenses,

I order all my Oakley replacement lenses off of amazon from zero or recant they are the best ones I've found yet I have them in my Juliet's and my flakjackets

I will also reply later about all the above, information needs correcting, Juliet oem lenses measure a 8.50-8.75 curvature, but again that curvature only matters to hand cutters, not me. A 7 base turbine lens looks and fits no differently than oem ones for Juliet, Sapphire lenses in the copper frame section for the Mars and the Juliet are both 7 curvature lenses,

? Are those lenses Prism Compensated? Have tests been done on them for clarity with a stenograph? Until those two questions are answered for any aftermarket lens company they are NOT good lenses. Just looking at them doesn't tell you anything. But, if the buyer is satisfied then that is all that matters, until they find out the lenses are crap. :)

Last edited:
? Are those lenses Prism Compensated? Have tests been done on them for clarity with a stenograph? Until those two questions are answered for any aftermarket lens company they are NOT good lenses. Just looking at them doesn't tell you anything. But, if the buyer is satisfied then that is all that matters, until they find out the lenses are crap. :)
Question man, this is from Revant's website about the HC3 lenses: "Elite HC3™ lenses provide ultimate clarity for accurate and comfortable vision throughout the entire field of view. Decentered lens technology places the optical center of each lens directly in front of the pupil and progressively tapers the lens outwards. This corrects for prismatic refraction (or the bending of light as it passes through a medium), which distorts an object's true size or position. With HC3™ lenses, light is redirected back to where it should be - ensuring true, distortion-free vision." Does that mean they are prism compensated?

Question man, this is from Revant's website about the HC3 lenses: "Elite HC3™ lenses provide ultimate clarity for accurate and comfortable vision throughout the entire field of view. Decentered lens technology places the optical center of each lens directly in front of the pupil and progressively tapers the lens outwards. This corrects for prismatic refraction (or the bending of light as it passes through a medium), which distorts an object's true size or position. With HC3™ lenses, light is redirected back to where it should be - ensuring true, distortion-free vision." Does that mean they are prism compensated?

Yes prism. Taper is a very poor description of the relationship of the front and back lens surfaces. $52 for a polar prism is pretty cheap. Not sure of the actual clarity under a Stenograph but I can say for sure a plain non colored quality polycarbonate prism compensated lens blank from Zeiss is more than that price. At cost. Revants non HC3 lenses are NOT prism based.

I order all my Oakley replacement lenses off of amazon from zero or recant they are the best ones I've found yet I have them in my Juliet's and my flakjackets

Those Zero lenses are made by a very difficult to find company in Asia called "Oblige". The clear Juliet lenses for sale on Amazon for $75 are also for sale elsewhere for $32 with the exact same copied description. They are not prism compensated. They are likely colored and non colored polycarbonate (plastic) lenses.

Thanks for the clarification man, maybe Revant Optics can send you a lens to test. I have the HC3 in a pair of total beater Juliets and I've got to say I really like the contrast base they have. Obviously I prefer OEM but in a total beater that may take some abuse it's good to have cheaper options...

For lenses other than just plastic shaped and colored, what you want is Prism Compensated and Good quality Polycarbonate. Problem is most retailers know this, however through wording they skirt the points and make it difficult to understand. Some of the times they even put Prism in their wording, without actually saying Prism Compensated. Most just make is sound good and over the top scientifically and put cool colors on the lenses to make them sell, and they do sell.

Many times people say things like:
1. They seem great to me
2. I looked through them and they are clear
2. The fitment was excellent
4. Price was cheap
5. got my XXXX lenses in today and they are awesome

These are all just personal responses with no actual information. I know not all things can be tested. But, a retailer will make sure they put Prism compensated or Base In Prism polycarbonate lenses for their sales. It costs them a lot more to get those lenses so they will highlight the fact. A lot of people these days would make a purchase based off those type of responses. There are no facts to them but hey they sound good. There always needs to be comparisons between things to bring them into perspective. Then you have at least a basis to go off of. This whole thread is about other than OEM lenses. So only way to make sure they are of quality for forum purposes is to have them tested correctly and compared to not only Oakley but to each other also. Then the companies can stand by their products or not. At this point @Linegear Official is the only one that has come out ahead with testing actual lenses. Walleva was tested also by a member sending thiers in. ALL were NOT prism compensated on the first go around in 2013. LineGear has sent in a recent one that tested almost identical quality optics to Oakley and they were prism compensated. For now get theirs, until another manufacturer or retailer decides to want forum members business and has theirs tested the same way. Stenograph and measured and a few other Optical tools. LG prices are fair also.

For lenses other than just plastic shaped and colored, what you want is Prism Compensated and Good quality Polycarbonate. Problem is most retailers know this, however through wording they skirt the points and make it difficult to understand. Some of the times they even put Prism in their wording, without actually saying Prism Compensated. Most just make is sound good and over the top scientifically and put cool colors on the lenses to make them sell, and they do sell.

Many times people say things like:
1. They seem great to me
2. I looked through them and they are clear
2. The fitment was excellent
4. Price was cheap
5. got my XXXX lenses in today and they are awesome

These are all just personal responses with no actual information. I know not all things can be tested. But, a retailer will make sure they put Prism compensated or Base In Prism polycarbonate lenses for their sales. It costs them a lot more to get those lenses so they will highlight the fact. A lot of people these days would make a purchase based off those type of responses. There are no facts to them but hey they sound good. There always needs to be comparisons between things to bring them into perspective. Then you have at least a basis to go off of. This whole thread is about other than OEM lenses. So only way to make sure they are of quality for forum purposes is to have them tested correctly and compared to not only Oakley but to each other also. Then the companies can stand by their products or not. At this point @Linegear Official is the only one that has come out ahead with testing actual lenses. Walleva was tested also by a member sending thiers in. ALL were NOT prism compensated on the first go around in 2013. LineGear has sent in a recent one that tested almost identical quality optics to Oakley and they were prism compensated. For now get theirs, until another manufacturer or retailer decides to want forum members business and has theirs tested the same way. Stenograph and measured and a few other Optical tools. LG prices are fair also.
Well said!

Back