• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Prizm road looks great but it's not polar and the light trans % is too high for full-on bright. I would also point towards Daily but it's not one of the ones available in Rx, at least yet.

Please allow yourself to try tungsten polarized.
(15%, contrast lens)
I find it very easy on my eyes, and more widely available than Ti.
The nonpolarized version ( in my New C Wires) are my favourite drivers, but I don't deal with the glare you have.

I'd say try Daily Prizm. Maybe stay away from polarized as it will mess with your vision on your units computer screen.
If you're looking for darker lens, Black Iridium could also be an option.
I'd say since you're in CA try to make it into the HQ on a Tuesday or Friday for law enforcement days and check both lens options and utilize their law enforcement discount!
Good luck. Let us know what you choose!

hello all I work as a patrol officer in the desert of Southern California. I drive a vehicle for about 8-9 hours a day...I'm also in and out constantly. It is always extremely sunny here, and the heat can go up to 120. I have always used black iridium polarized for my tint (I wear rx sunglasses) but I see that Oakley is incorporating prizm in their rx now. My question is based on my activities posted above, what tint would be the best? Black iridium polarized, or prizm daily or road? Thanks
I personally like Black Iridium Polarized as it darkens everything and reduces glare without changing the tint of anything you're looking at. Since you are in law enforcement seeing colors as they are should be very important in identifying what a suspect is wearing.
If you currently use that lens and it's working for you I would suggest staying with it as its a great lens.
The only concern would be looking at your computer screens in the vehicle as the polarization may not line up properly with the screens. But if it does then you're good. :)

wow everyone thanks for the responses i appreciate it! i think im leaning towards prizm daily polarized rx....but oakley hasnt released them yet...and im still debating if they will hold the glare and just pure brightness for the sun where i live

i love my bip, but i want something different for a change...sometimes it is too dark...im going to try to see if i can head to the oakley store and try some lenses on.

ill let you guys know which lenses i choose...i took all answers in consideration...like i said before really appreciate it guys, you all helped me out a lot.

Please allow yourself to try tungsten polarized.
(15%, contrast lens)
I find it very easy on my eyes, and more widely available than Ti.
The nonpolarized version ( in my New C Wires) are my favourite drivers, but I don't deal with the glare you have.
I second the Tungsten.
Most driving specific glasses are a similar gold/brown as Titanium and Tungsten. And let in more light than BIP.

Back