• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakley Sunglasses for Baseball?

dlock15

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys I currently play outfield for my baseball team. I am having a little bit of trouble judging depth on flyballs on "high sunlight" days when there are no clouds in the sky, just a blue background and some glare.

What Oakley Sunglasses or specific color lenses would be best for aiding in depth perception while also blocking out the glare from the sun? Want to protect my eyes but also improve my performance on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I currently play outfield for my baseball team. I am having a little bit of trouble judging depth on flyballs on "high sky" days when there are no clouds in the sky, just a blue background and some glare. What color lenses would be best for aiding in depth perception while also blocking out the glare from the sun? Thanks.
Matt Kemp wears fire lenses. At least thats what the ad said. And :welcome:

Fire Iridium all the way for me on those kinds of days. I find a contrast lens like fire is better for picking a ball up around the horizon where it can be a little hazy

MLB players run Black Iridium, +Red, and Ice also. There's really no going wrong as all these lenses have some of the lowest light transmission ratings.

I'd personally pick Ice for bright day baseball. It's nearly as dark as black but slightly better with contrast imo. I haven't had experience with Fire, but based on the simulator, white objects pop out way better with Ice, and greens aren't as compromised.

I see a lot of MLB players use radars and Flak or Half Jackets.

Would suggest checking out the latest Oakley Prizm lenses - good conversation on infield vs outfield lenses:

Back