• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Oakleys For Running?

FXD said:
Here is what I wrote in this thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/5162-oakley-workout.html

I love running, have been doing it for a couple of years now.

I bought a pair of Radar Pitch, but when I run I carry a water bottle and like to occasionally take off the sunnies and wipe away sweat, and found putting the Radars back on one handed was too difficult.

Switched to Jawbones and absolutely love them - great coverage, great fit and are easy to slide on and off.

If I was playing Volleyball or Tennis or something I'd probably go for the Radars as they are tight and stay on well, but Jawbones are my first choice really.

Agree with the part about volleyball..radars and beach volleyball were meant to be!! I wear mine mostly at the beach playing volleyball! I do most of my running at night or early mornings before the sun comes out and though I love HI Yellow, I don't switch out lenses often because of the hassle. So I mostly wear them on weekends during sports/activities.

Yeah, another reason why I like the Jawbones, can switch out lenses easier than Radars. Although, with Radar Lock that will probably become moot!

FXD said:
Yeah, another reason why I like the Jawbones, can switch out lenses easier than Radars. Although, with Radar Lock that will probably become moot!

I don't like the design of the radar lock but I will have to try it out. I will actually want to get some new jawbones now thanks to this thread! Only ones I own are the B1-B's and there were only 50 made so I haven't even taken those out the box more than once! But I do like jawbones..I got buddies at my bike shop that all have a collection of pieces and what not so I just borrow theirs :cool:

I tried running with Fast Jacket's yesterday but noticed they like to bounce around a little bit. Maybe I should try the larger nose pieces on them.

Flak Jacket XLJ's been very good to me. Also has the benefit of having interchangeable, readily-available lenses.

Flak jackets for sure! The interchangeable lenses are quicker to change than the fast jackets imo. Just my 2 cents

Hi,

I have jawbones and they work fine.

I am thinking to get a custom radar as well. Does anyone know if the polished aluminum frame is actual aluminum? or is plastic with aluminum paint?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have jawbones and they work fine.

I am thinking to get a custom radar as well. Does anyone know if the polished aluminum frame is actual aluminum? or is plastic with aluminum paint?

Thanks!

The polished aluminum Radar is just o-matter plastic painted with aluminum/fmj paint.

Back