• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BEST OF THE BEST: Series 1 - Aviators

I'd like to say the Inmate - but I don't think this really qualifies as an Aviator style.
Therefore, my vote is for the stretchline Warden . . . . simply because they look bad-a55 (and the Crosshair doesn't really suit me :( ).

I voted inmate.

First there were aviator pilots. Bausch & Lomb developed aviator sunglasses, which are colloquially called Aviators based on Ray Ban's brand; hence the capitalization.

First there were aviator pilots. Bausch & Lomb developed aviator sunglasses, which are colloquially called Aviators based on Ray Ban's brand; hence the capitalization.

I don't disagree, but as I stated before "Aviator" is not nor has it ever been a brand name. In this case Ray-Ban is the brand name that a lot people refer to all aviator style glasses.

No sir. The Ray-Ban Aviator has been a trademark since 1937. To this day it is touted as the original Aviator and worn by consumers who prefer it to Oakley's more experimental styles. One could argue that Crosshair's styling disqualifies it from being a true Aviator.
I will concede that Badman is something totally different. It pretty much defies category.

No sir. The Ray-Ban Aviator has been a trademark since 1937. To this day it is touted as the original Aviator and worn by consumers who prefer it to Oakley's more experimental styles. One could argue that Crosshair's styling disqualifies it from being a true Aviator.
I will concede that Badman is something totally different. It pretty much defies category.
Can you point us to the article on the Aviator trademark please? All I can find is the wikipedia link as follows.

Aviator sunglasses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to say Inmate. IMO, it modernized the aviator look. I would never be caught in the classic aviators now.

Back