• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

BEST OF THE BEST: Series 2 - Sports Specific

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Part two of the series begins.

Sports frames.

Blade, Radar, Half/Flak/Fast, M Frame, Racing Jackets, and all the rest.

1. What's your pick as The Best? Not "your favorite" but the Best
  2. Why

If it was any kind of mystery I think the crown rests firmly with the M Frame. Function, fit, versatility, the list could go on.

I would agree M Frame: because it is very light, and has good eye coverage. I really like Radars and really want to pick up a pair of Racing Jackets someday but both are heavier. I also think the Flak Jacket would be a very good choice.

FLAK 2.0 very light and doesn't pinch the back of my head like every other sports frame sans racing jacket.

There are so many great frames and to narrow it down to just one is difficult to say the least. If I had only one frame to choose, it's going to be my Flak Jacket XLJs. They have been with me the longest. I've owned my Flaks since 2008, and have used them for a variety of task, from shooting, to riding my motorcycle (inside of a full face helmet), mowing the lawn, running, at the pool (yes in the chlorinated water) , to the beach (yes in the salt water), and for just plain ole long day usage like at theme parks. My Flaks have been there with me through many of my activities that I have deemed too harsh to put my X-Metals through. They have stood the test of time and use. This is the frame I fall back on when I'm not sure if another one is up to the challenge. I have not owned the Flak 2.0, but I can only imagine it's just as awesome. My second choice has to be the Split Jacket, followed very closely by the Straight Jacket II.

I've never owned an M-frame, so having said that, I have to vote Flak Jacket XLJ. Great coverage, for me personally it's a perfect fit, very secure fit also, excellent lens coverage, and they just look good. Very popular style for both form and function. Out of my entire collection, if I were to be performing an activity where my sunglasses may come off, I'd pick my flak jackets as the most likely to stay on.

M-Frame. Has stood the test of time and still looks fresh today. Ask in another ten years and I may say the Jawbreaker....

Half Jacket (usually XLJs) Been my go to beaters since they came out (light, tough and lots of different lenses). I had M frames in the army (haven't tried the newer ones) and prefer Radars for cycling. Haven't tried Flack jackets since I had a few Half jackets and lots of lenses when the Flaks came out.

Never had a problem with the Half jackets and they have been in all the places I don't like using my Juliets.

Back