• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacement Arm/Parts for Oakley Holbrook?

DoctorBull

Oakley Beginner
I tried running a few searches without much luck, however if this question is commonly covered, please freely berate me and point me in the right direction lol

Had a pair of Holbrook glasses (matte frame gunmetal icon) hanging out of my pocket (bad place for them I know). The left "arm" (maybe there is a more accurate name) caught on something and popped out of the frame. It wasn't until I got home and realized I had a set of lopsided specs that I pieced together what had happened.

I have been trying to track down a left arm (which is tricky as all the model info was printed on that arm, and since they were a gift I dont have the original paperwork that would have identified them). I am turning up zilch trying to find an arm, best I can find are empty frames (which may be the route I end up going if nothing else since my lenses are good)

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I was scanning the exchange section but maybe its because I am new, but I didnt turn up anything and since I am also new I cannot yet post there. So thought I would ask all of you where I might point my hunt next. Thank you so much!

eBay has a ton of older stock that goes up for auction at low prices. You can prob snag a "used" Holbrook frame for around $40 with a lens off of these guys. Trade off is used goods, but that never bothered me. The forum is going to be your best bet though. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

send me a pm. I may be able to help u. Thanks

Thank you very much for your offer. As soon as my newbi probation runs out you will have a new PM :)

eBay has a ton of older stock that goes up for auction at low prices. You can prob snag a "used" Holbrook frame for around $40 with a lens off of these guys. Trade off is used goods, but that never bothered me. The forum is going to be your best bet though. Good luck

Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up buying a pair of blank frames last night off ebay to swap my lenses into. I still feel bad just abandoning the original pair, so maybe I can still bring those back to life as a backup if someone ends up with some spare parts they are no longer using.

He can't pm yet

Just a few more days to go... ok a bit more than a few but hopefully they fly by :D

I tried running a few searches without much luck, however if this question is commonly covered, please freely berate me and point me in the right direction lol

Had a pair of Holbrook glasses (matte frame gunmetal icon) hanging out of my pocket (bad place for them I know). The left "arm" (maybe there is a more accurate name) caught on something and popped out of the frame. It wasn't until I got home and realized I had a set of lopsided specs that I pieced together what had happened.

I have been trying to track down a left arm (which is tricky as all the model info was printed on that arm, and since they were a gift I dont have the original paperwork that would have identified them). I am turning up zilch trying to find an arm, best I can find are empty frames (which may be the route I end up going if nothing else since my lenses are good)

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I was scanning the exchange section but maybe its because I am new, but I didnt turn up anything and since I am also new I cannot yet post there. So thought I would ask all of you where I might point my hunt next. Thank you so much!
Generally I say the forum would be your best option too and as @Funky-Trixtar mention, you can find on ebay or craigslist.
just socialized on the forum and get to know people. Thats how it was for all of us. ;)

I ended up buying a pair of used blank frames of ebay and swapping the lenses over. All is good, however I am thinking I would still like to repair the other ones, its just feels wrong to discard them when I could bring them back to life, either with a different lense tint or maybe some clear ones for use in the yard when eye protection is a good idea, but tinted lenses are just a bit too dark (not to mention I dont want to take a rock to my nice lenses! lol)

I really appreciate all the support. Once my probation period is over i might end some PMs to see if i cant breath some new life into these bad boys.

Back